turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal tax return 2019

I I filed my taxes February 23rd 2019 and it won't let me track them and give me a date when we're supposed to get them to please email me back that would be awesome thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Federal tax return 2019

@ Bentlyryan10
 wrote:

I I filed my taxes February 23rd 2019 and it won't let me track them and give me a date when we're supposed to get them to please email me back that would be awesome thanks

No one can email you from this user community, which is a public Internet forum.  But you may get an email notification when you get responses.

How did you file?  Did you efile?  If so, you didn't mention whether your efiled return was accepted.  So first, log in to your Online TurboTax account and confirm at the Tax Home that your efiled return was accepted.  And if you had a state return, make sure that it, too, was accepted.

If your Federal return was accepted, then when using the IRS WMR tool, be sure SSN and filing status are correct, and that you use the correct Federal refund amount (see tips below).
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

And if you are paying your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, use the Federal amount without regard to the fee subtraction; i.e., the amount before any fees are subtracted.

You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users before when the WMR tool didn't.

800-829-1954

To track a state refund:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

Federal tax return 2019

Do I need to print off my taxes and follow myself or did TurboTax filing for me

Federal tax return 2019

@ Lindahicks wrote:

Do I need to print off my taxes and follow myself or did TurboTax filing for me

Sorry, but that sentence is a bit confusing and is not enough information to understand what you are ultimately wanting to know.   We don't know in this user community forum what all you have done and what you are doing now.  So we have to guess until you explain more.

How are you wanting to file your return, and what have you already done?   Have you already tried to file it by efile?    If so, did you get an efile rejection that you might be able to fix and resubmit?  Or does it keep rejecting, and you've decided to file by mail?

Or did you try to efile recently and don't know the status yet of the efile, and are you wanting to know how to check if it was successful and accepted by the IRS so they could start processing it?

Or did you choose to file your return by printing and mailing instead of efiling?   Efiling is normally best, but if you chose to file returns by mail, then YOU have to print them out, sign, date, and mail them.  If that's how you plan to file, TurboTax does not mail them for you.     If you want to file by mail, and if you have both Federal and state returns, you mail them separately--a Federal return to the IRS ,and the state return to the state tax agency.   If you chose that method, then Filing Instructions should print with the returns.

Folks may be able to comment more on your situation when you provide more details explaining which of the situations above is your issue.   Remember this is a public Internet forum so don't post any personal info.

jhensen1

Federal tax return 2019

Hi I'm Jimmy ,  I file my tax return 2019 wrong, and they send me a letter to resend my w2, on turbo tax want to charge me 148.62. How I can wave that fees.

Federal tax return 2019

@jhensen1 wrote:

I file my tax return 2019 wrong, and they send me a letter to resend my w2, on turbo tax want to charge me 148.62. How I can wave that fees.

This is a public Internet forum--a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  You should not post any personal info here in public.  If you want to remove your name from your post, click the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your comment above, and in the dropdown menu choose Edit.

You need to talk to the folks at TurboTax Support so they can question you and figure out what all you've done and what you are now doing.  And why it's trying to charge you all of a sudden if you had already filed previously.    Did you upgrade by mistake after filing?   If so, they are the only ones who can correct anything.

They will open in 20 minutes.

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Pkenos
Returning Member

Federal tax return 2019

I filed my 2019 tax return on March 2020. I need to access the return, however, it is not accessible to me on the site? Thanks, Paulette Enos

Federal tax return 2019

@Pkenos wrote:

I filed my 2019 tax return on March 2020. I need to access the return, however, it is not accessible to me on the site?

If your 2019 return was prepared in Online TurboTax, log into your account and at the Tax Home scroll down and expand the section "Your Tax  Returns & Documents".  Choose tax year 2019, and then click "Download/print the PDF"  If you can't find any evidence at all of your 2019 return in that account, then you likely have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.   Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Federal tax return 2019

when will I receive my federal refund 

Federal tax return 2019

@plily6969 wrote:

when will I receive my federal refund 

When and how did you file--did you efile, or did you choose to print and mail the return?    If you filed by mail, then hopefully you physically printed and mailed it to the IRS; TurboTax does not mail it for you.  There have been long delays for mailed returns this year due to the Coronavirus situation.

If you efiled, you should double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.  If it's not on the landing page, then scroll down to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" and expand that section.

If the info at the Tax Home confirms it was accepted (or if you mailed the return), you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to check on the status of your Federal refund.  
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, be sure to enter the correct SSN and filing status.  Use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.  The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

If the IRS tool says it is still being processed, and if it's been longer than 21 days since you efiled, or longer than 6 weeks if you filed by mail, we can tell you how to contact the IRS to inquire about the delay.

Federal tax return 2019

get refund status

Federal tax return 2019

@plily6969 wrote:

get refund status

Did you not read your answer provided for you above?  It should have also been emailed to you.

What do you find when you go through the steps provided in the answer?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies