Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dackley

Federal Review Error Form 3468

This still isn't fixed online.  I removed all AG/AJ and Z codes from my K-1, as they don't affect my taxes.  Then I deleted the 3468.  When I go to do the final review to e-file, it takes me to the 3468 error.  BUT, when I try to delete it again, it's not even in the list of forms to delete.

wu1667wu
Returning Member

Make sure you page thru the k-1 all the way to the end. Make sure there aren’t other k-1s with this info if you own multiple partnerships.  All this stuff ends up on one 3468, I believe. As far as getting to Tax Tools,  hit the TurboTax logo and try the < back key. I had to play around too to even get the tax tools option. Wish you luck. I called 5 times until I reached Tania who knew what to do.

I was fortunate to get help from a Turbotax expert named Vivian. What I needed to do was download load the software version of Turbotax which allows you to edit forms which you cannot do with the online version. Fortunately Vivian set it up so I did not have to pay for the software version.i was able to unlink the 3468 forms and file my returns.

landohowe

I was finally able to resolve this issue. I deleted all the K1's and then deleted form 3468 under tax tools/delete form. 

I added in each K1 (I have 3) and run error check after each one to see if anyone of them was causing the issue.  I found an error when I ran the review after entering the first K1 and once I added all of the 20 ZZ items in the Enter 20 Box Info and entered the same amount in the Enter Box 20 Other Information Amounts it allowed the error to be resolved so I can file the return.  Hope this helps!Screenshot 2024-03-27 21464911.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 214624.png

dackley

It finally worked for me.  I deleted the K-1, re-entered, still had the issue.  Logged out, logged back in, it still gave me the 3468 error; I walked through it one more time and it let me send.  🤔

Was having the same issue.  What finally worked was deleted all of the k-1's from the return.  Then deleting the 3468 form.  Then re-entering the k-1's again.  I let off AG and AJ codes since they did not effect my taxes and that seemed to be triggering the 3468.  Was finally able to file.  Turbotax really blew it on this one.

Hello All

It appears TT has fixed the Form 3468 issue linked with Code AJ for Box 20 of Sch K1. I entered the amount today for AJ in box 20 after updating the TT (3/29) and it did not take me to the IRS code for gassification nor add 3468 to the list of forms. The Fed checks towards the end came out clean.

Pl update and see if the lingering headache is gone for you.

Thanks

RS

I am using TurboTax Premier Desktop, and was able to go to Forms, Find Form, type 3468, and then chose Remove Form from the Menu bar option, which removed the 3468 form. Did not have to modify my K-1 entries at all. Good luck!

FatherofDragon:

Where is the "Find a Form" command or button? I'm using Deluxe Desktop and cannot find anything by that exact name.  Thx.

wu1667wu
Returning Member

On the left, in the online version, almost at the bottom you will find Tax Tools. Click on it and Forms should come up in the drop-down. Click on it and a list of your forms will appear. Find form 3468 and delete it.
Alternately, in the search box (the magnifying glass) search for “delete a form.” Don’t bother doing this until you have cleared the offending entry that generated the form or it will pop back up like a whack-a-mole.

wu1667wu
Returning Member

One more thing look over your k1s and zero in on entries of code AG or AJ. If your losses are less than $289000 you can leave those AG/AJ entries out. Or leave them in and change the description to “payment obligations.” Page thru the entire k-1. Check all of them. THEN delete form 3468. You are in my prayers.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm using the desktop download version, not the online version. I also tried removing the AG & AJ entries as you suggested, followed by deleting the form, all to no avail.  I tried deleting the form by simply opening it, and then clicking on the "Delete Form" button.

We can stop TurboTax from generating form 3468 by changing "Basis in gasification Property in advanced coal Project" to $0. Go to line 20 of your K-1 dropdown menu of the entries look for "Gasification update..." select it and enter $0. This will generate the form it will ask you again to enter $0 then it will ask if you would like to attach this form answer NO. This will take care of the error when there is no credit on gasification. 

Did you get TurboTax’s help and fix the problem? I am in the same situation and can’t efile because request of review form 3468. Please help!

Here are the step-by-step instructions that worked for me in the Mac version of TurboTax Premier:

- Changed to the Forms view by clicking on the "Forms" button in the button bar.

- Typed "Command-F" to open the Find Forms dialog (I am on a Mac - I expect Ctrl-F would do the same on Windows).

- Typed "3468" in the Find field, selected Form 3468, clicked on "Open" and then "Open" again.

- At this point, form 3468 was opened and displayed.

- Finally, I went to the menu bar and selected the "Remove Form 3468" under the "Forms" menu heading

Hope that helps at least somebody!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies