Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal Form 2210, Part IV

I did not get any notification that it was fixed either.  Am I really surprised by TT not advising us that the problem was corrected like that link said they would?  Nope.

Thanks for your posts. I filed. Be giving HRBlock a try next year.

Thanks to all the people who joined in this thread to get the problem resolved.  Sometimes it takes a village.  Well, maybe that's a bit of a stretch.  But it certainly helps when you're not fighting the issue alone.

Oh, and I e-filed today also.

skm1
Level 2

I have yet to get an email from Turbotax on the issue. I have however received 14 emails with various "badges" for doing something on the forum. I will wear them proudly as I move to HR Block next year. What can I do with these badges anyway? They do clutter up my inbox. Can I turn them in for free stuff? Maybe for support from TT who still hasn't emailed me that issue was fixed? I went ahead and filed anyway. Need my BP to come down again and be done with taxes for the year. 

didaviscpa
Returning Member

It is now March 27th. Although on Form 2110 with regard to column 26(a) now being correctly carried forward to 20(c), etc. there is still an error. In the "tax payment worksheet form" if you enter two 7/15 estimated tax payments to correspond with the 4/15 and 6/15 payments, form 2210 line 19(a) ignores the second 7/15 payment and thus the whole form 2210 is again incorrect showing underpayments, although again the penalty does show 0. You can work around this to get a correct form 2210 Part IV by entering both 7/15 payments on line 1 of the tax payments worksheet and entering 0 on the second 7/15 amount line. I still cannot believe how long this has taken. By the way the new software update (3/26) correctly lists the date of withdrawal as May 17th.

It isn't solved, at least not for everyone. See @didaviscpa reply below. I have the same issue.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Makers

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I hit this error too. March 30 and the error is still not fixed. Pathetic!

Leaving out a quarterly payment calculated a $20 penalty. Combining both quarters in the first quarter fixed the problem as suggested by @didaviscpa .  Here is the problem:

I am doing the TT programmers' work for them.

My return passed the numerous error checks and reviews when the total on line 33 Form SR didn't match the total on line 19 part IV form 2210.

Numerous people who are unaware will be filing erroneous form 2210s

Surprisingly the 2210 line 19, part IV  when attached to a form 1041 (Estates & Trusts) works as it should. 

didaviscpa
Returning Member

Sorry to say that for the most part it is correct. Although on Form 2210 with regard to column 26(a) now being correctly carried forward to 20(c), etc. there is still an error. In the "tax payment worksheet form" if you enter two 7/15 estimated tax payments to correspond with the 4/15 and 6/15 payments, form 2210 line 19(a) ignores the second 7/15 payment and thus the whole form 2210 is again incorrect showing underpayments, although again the penalty does show 0. You can work around this to get a correct form 2210 Part IV by entering both 7/15 payments on line 1 of the tax payments worksheet and entering 0 on the second 7/15 amount line. Also when I look at the tax return that will be filed with IRS, I have two page 4s of Form 2210.The first Schedule AI shows all the correct numbers, but I also have an additional AI called page 4 (copy 2) that has the form with no numbers on it (basically a blank AI schedule). I still cannot believe how long this has taken.

THR1
Returning Member

Thanks for the tip about moving the 7/15 estimate to the first column.  That fixed one problem.  However, there remains a problem if you check Box D in Part II.  

When you enter total withholding for 1/1 - 7/15, 7/16 - 9/15, and 9/16 - 12/31, the Smart Worksheets plugs a random number the blank quarter 2 column and you get the error message that you have entered more withholding than your maximum amount.  I haven't figure out how to get around that one yet.  I have tried to just cancel out of the actual withholding dates so Box D will not be checked, but with no success. Frustrating.

Looking at the printout of my Smart Worksheet for Part II, Line D I only see three numbers for the three periods being used this year. I prepared my forms around the first of April. Maybe a system update messed this form up. I don't remember the problem occurring for me.

Is there an option to override this number in the smart worksheet. That might clear the error.

It is amazing how removing a quarter of estimated taxes can screw up TT so bad. I still get a blank 2210 Schedule AI printed when I print to file. I don't dare e-file with that blank page.

Hope this helps.

I just looked at my return which I e-filed last month.  I also used exception D under Part II.  My "Tax Withheld Smart Worksheet" shows a zero in that blank second column.  Are you sure the withholding you entered for Form 2210 purposes exactly equals the withholding you entered that was on your W-2's, 1099's, or any other income related forms?  There is actually a small note on the 2210 withholding input screen that shows that total.

didaviscpa
Returning Member

Frustrating? I would say it is disgraceful that it has not been corrected. In my case, I have no withholding; I checked Box C using the annualized income installment method.

THR1
Returning Member

Yes, my input numbers are correct and equal my withholding.  On the screen it asked for withholding for 1/1 - 7/15, 7/16 - 9/15, and 9/16 - 12/31.  I calculated these, entered them in the appropriate boxes and they totaled the amount indicated by TT.  Three numbers were entered.  The Smart Worksheet puts these in the correct columns, but also has an amount in the second column that I have no idea where it came from, as it should be blank.  This amount throws off the total and gives me an error message.  I started my return early on, but didn't complete it until this week.  Well, I didn't complete it since I can't get past the error message.

didaviscpa
Returning Member

My smart worksheet for Form 2210 relates to capital gains and qualified dividends. Not sure to what Part II, Line D you refer. I also have two schedule AIs - one is correct and one is blank. Since you state that you "don't dare e file with that blank page", do you plan or did you print the return and mail it in without the blank AI. I have not filed as of yet, but I still plan on e filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies