turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fed & State e-File Rejected (xml data failed schema validation)

FWIW, '/' is a perfectly valid XML character and should not trip up any XML parser. Only handful of entities require escaping and '/' isn't one of them. IRS OTOH might be running 1970's COBOL code so they may not have a real XML parser which is a separate issue. Regardless, I'm paying $275 for TT. TT should make sure your product works well with the IRS' electronic systems. Telling the user to print and mail their tax returns after paying $275 for it is a complete utter failure. Get better engineers and product managers. Next year I am using a real CPA.

BDS02

I resent mine this evening and so far it has not triggered the error.  All other times I have been informed of the failure within 10 min.  I have hope! 

Mine got rejected 4 times. Just now submitted 5th time lets see how it goes. Spoiled entire weekend going over my taxes 10 times to make sure I am not making any mistakes.

Did anyone’s tax return got approved? Mine is still pending

Same here still pending since the 22nd, Which seems like longer they every other year.

I talked with TurboTax representative and they are blaming IRS. Saying IRS is taking time to approve. Not sure whats going on.

My return was rejected three times over the weekend. However, I re-submitted on Monday 6/22 9:44 PM and it was just accepted today 6/25 @ 12:06 PM. So it took a day longer than the 48 hour estimate. I can finally move on with my life!

f4tq
Level 2

I waited a week as you suggested -  et voila they were just accepted.

Must've been a glitch in the matrix...

Thanks!

It's been two weeks since I posted this. Several days ago I rcvd notification that my Federal Return was accepted. The State Return is still listed as pending. "It takes 24 to 48 hours to process e-filed returns. In this time, returns are in a pending status. Come back in about 24 hours or check your email. We'll let you know as soon as your return is accepted." It's been longer than 48 hours. I'm worried about mailing it in and essentially filing twice, if they ever accept the first one.

Lgmeyering
Returning Member

i HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH aDDRESS.  i FINALLY PUT THE "hOME aDDESS" all in  CAPs, including the City.

Both federal and Arizona were accepted finally.  I changed nothing,  it took a couple of days for the federal to be accepted  and Another couple for Arizona.  It must have been a glitch in the system for a few days somewhere.   

Both fed and state finally went through, State did take quite a bit longer

Finally, both Fed & State have been accepted now!! Fed confirmation cam a week ago. Called TurboTax support today, [phone number removed]. Kept telling automated voice I wanted to talk to someone. Finally got in touch with a helpful rep. Email came couple hours later confirming that State was accepted. Good luck everyone!

i get the error that a return has already been filed under my ssn.  i have checked irs and there is not another file.

Have tried to call, but get a robot who refused to my call thru.  robot cannot understand what is being said.

anyone else?

@ hwroberts2 wrote:

i get the error that a return has already been filed under my ssn.  i have checked irs and there is not another file.

Have tried to call, but get a robot who refused to my call thru.  robot cannot understand what is being said.  anyone else?

You've posted in a thread on a different topic.   This thread is about last month's XML validation rejection error bug.   When you post a different situation, it's less likely to be seen by someone familiar with your different topic.    Although someone may see it and respond here, you are more likely to get help if your start your own new thread on that topic.    To do that, go to the link below and click the blue "Ask a Question" button:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

The subject line has limited space and is a summary for your question.    Also be sure to include your specific rejection error code.

Below that is a box where there is plenty of room to enter any details.  Remember this is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies