turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fake turbotax web site

@aj04

So sorry this happened to you. This is not an authorized TurboTax reseller.  You can try disputing the credit card transaction, or filing a dispute on the website if that is an option. We can make a note of the domain, however, we don't have the authority to shut it down. 

Fake turbotax web site

Just a followup on turbotaxshopping.net, which scammed me, as well.  It's been down for "scheduled maintenance" for the last couple of weeks.  I am guessing it will never recover from this "scheduled maintenance".

I had absolutely ZERO luck disputing the charge with PayPal.  My case was initially denied with a generic form letter saying that their records indicated I had downloaded the file and that was the end of it.  I contacted support by phone and explained the situation.  I did this 2 more times, waiting on hold, waiting for callbacks, etc..  Each time, the person on the phone seemed to understand the situation and the case was re-opened, only to be denied by the same form letter by the dispute department.  I sent them additional information which verified that the site was not legitimate, and apparently they didn't read it because they responded with the same form letter.  Finally, I canceled my PayPal account.  They are absolutely worthless.

I had to dispute the transaction with my credit card company, who issued me an immediate credit and found in my favor a week or two later.

Fake turbotax web site

I too was taken on Dec 1st. Paypal and the credit card (discover) investigated but were no help.

Fake turbotax web site

We purchased TurboTax Business 2019 from turbotaxshopping.net and the merchant is NGUYEN BA THU.

The license code was good in December 2019.  Now in February 2020 when we turned on Turbotax the activation screen showed up, we typed in our license code and the error message is [All available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603].

We called Trubotax and the technician said it is fraudulent.

Fake turbotax web site

I fell for a similar one back in February.  softstoredeal.com  In the process of disputing it with Paypal, so we'll see what happens.  The same phone number on that site also shows up on yourtaxwebsite.com, happystoreusa.com, and gooddealsusa.com... so it's fairly safe to say that these are B.S. as well.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Fake turbotax web site

This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Fake turbotax web site

It was like fighting with an automated messaging service when I disputed the charge, and the automated messaging service had more stamina.  I hope Paypal treats you better than they did me.  If not, then be sure to dispute it with your credit card company.  That's what I finally had to do.

goirish

Fake turbotax web site

I think I just found 2 more bogus sites (both created in the last few months).

www.jeanniecomputer.com

www.hometaxrefund.com

I don't think they are really Intuit Authorized Resellers - I'll leave that to the mods.

I really need 2017 Deluxe but I'm not risking a purchase from these sites.

Fake turbotax web site

@goirish wrote:

I think I just found 2 more bogus sites (both created in the last few months).

www.jeanniecomputer.com

www.hometaxrefund.com

I don't think they are really Intuit Authorized Resellers - I'll leave that to the mods.

I really need 2017 Deluxe but I'm not risking a purchase from these sites.

To complete a 2017 tax return using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2017 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A 2017 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Fake turbotax web site

www.hometaxrefund.com got me too.  I canceled the order and even sent the cancelation confirmation to Paypal but they denied my claim anyway!  I have tried to call Paypal but can not reach a human being.

henryre5555
Returning Member

Fake turbotax web site

I bought TurboTax Premier 2020 from the site "Quill Discount USA".  I verified the download exe I received had a digital signature of "Intuit, Inc.". Since Quill is an authorized seller I thought everything was fine. HOWEVER, I later found out "Quill Discount USA" is not connected to Quill. Soo, watch out for that company even though the software probably runs fine.

Octavious

Fake turbotax web site

I had a similar incident today with the following website.  Paid via PayPal and already requested a refund.

https://www.turbotax-shop.com/product/download-turbotax-home-business-2018-tax-software-online-for-w...

Im trying to report to intuit/turbotax directly but unable to find a submit form online and simply sent them an email at [email address removed].  Hope they follow up and investigate.

KrisB-EA
Employee Tax Expert

Fake turbotax web site

@silviu22 I'm so sorry this happened to you! I hope you were able to get the charges reversed!

I know this happened some time back, but the scammers are always out there. So for anyone who comes across anything like this, I'd recommend emailing Intuit Security at security@intuit.com as a good starting point.

The link to that email is on the Contact Us page for Intuit Security , under both "Report a fake email" and "Report tech support scams." This isn't quite either one of those situations, but our Security team can make sure your question gets routed appropriately.

Also, tons of great and up-to-date tips on how to avoid the latest pitfalls out there in cyber land. All the best to you!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies