turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Entering 1065 K1+K3 with two foreign countries tax paid.

I need to file 1116 anyway. I just did a K-3 for one PTP and got my passive accrued $64 back as a credit. Tedious, but I did it.

The other K-1+K3 that has passive paid tax, and  lists two countries. One is $9, and the other $5. I don't see how to enter data for two countries into the K-3 worksheet are of the k-1. Here is what I have considered so far:

1. Combine amounts and add them to Various. (easiest way, without abandoning money)

2. Make a dummy K-1 that only has the foreign tax info for one country, as I have had to do when a PTP includes K1 line 3 rent and line 1 income on the same K-1.

3. Abandon the $15 by just marking that there was no K-3. Tempting, but what if there is more such tax in a later year.

4. Learn the trick/setting to make TT accept K-3 that includes 2 countries.

Thanks for your consideration. And I should consider whether to liquidate to avoid this pain in the future.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

what i would do is use "various" for the name of the country and pretend the FTC came from just 1 country. you're only talking about $14. the detail on the k-3 should allow for correct reporting especially if all the foreign taxes are of the same category.   you do have the option of creating a second k-1 for the partnership so you could report each country's info separately.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

@Mike9241 can probably help here.

what i would do is use "various" for the name of the country and pretend the FTC came from just 1 country. you're only talking about $14. the detail on the k-3 should allow for correct reporting especially if all the foreign taxes are of the same category.   you do have the option of creating a second k-1 for the partnership so you could report each country's info separately.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies