turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kate99w
Returning Member

eFile rejectiton with reason code R0000-932-02

1st rejection came on 5/7 and we re-submit soon after a couple of hours. Got the 2nd eFile rejected for the exactly same reason.

We have already checked the SSN/Address/DOB and we are pretty sure they are all correct. Looks like the 2020 tax return has already filed by someone else, but we have no idea when and how it got filed.

Does anyone have a similar experience? How did you fix it in the end?

------

IRS Reject R0000-932-02:

If "Amended Return" or (Superseded for 1120/1120S/1120-F/1041/1065) checkbox is not checked, then taxpayer TIN in the Return Header must not be the same as a TIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period indicated in the tax return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If the social security number of the taxpayer is correct, then there is a chance of identity theft happening.

The article below has more information about how to report identity theft, including: 

What if my info is correct?

TurboTax Online instructions for e-file reject R0000-932-02: Taxpayer identification number must not...

For more information, see: 

Identity Theft: What to Do if Someone Has Already Filed Taxes Using Your Social Security Number - Tu...

kate99w
Returning Member

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you so much for replying. I checked the article and there's one statement:

If you submitted your information to the IRS for a stimulus payment before filing your full 2019 tax return, you may have received e-file reject R0000-932-02. That’s because when you registered, you essentially filed a federal tax return that was designed for individuals with no filing requirement in order to provide information for the purpose of gaining their stimulus payment. Now that you’re filing your actual taxes, the IRS sees this as a duplicate and rejects this second return.

_____

In 2020, we got the COVID stimulus payment (we didn't submit anything to IRS for this payment though, they used our 2018 tax return record automatically I believe) on April 15.  But we filed our tax return and got the return around Jun 23/24.

Do you think this might be the cause?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

No. Please make sure that the first four letters of your last names match up with what Social Security has for you, as well as any Jr, Sr, etc. Perhaps there is a name change that has not been updated from the Social Security Administration to the Internal Revenue Service.

Otherwise, unfortunately, there could be an identity theft issue. It would be in your best interest to contact all three of the major credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit records. (see Publication 5027, Identity Theft Information for Taxpayers for direct links that will help)

The section of the article referenced is regarding registration for a stimulus payment is in reference to last year's filings that were due July 15, 2019.

By registering for a stimulus payment, that would mean that you had identified as a non-filer with the IRS on their site. This is different from receiving your payment automatically based on 2018 tax year calculations. 

@kate99w

thirdmaf

This is the junk that i got ...... I have not filed a 2020 return.  .... what is this business about an admended return

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?   Try $0 - if that does not work - try $1.   If you still have issues, make a payment at the IRS site - it counts as a timely filed extension.  

You can file an extension through TurboTax, see here.   

You can also get an extension by paying all or part of your estimated income tax due and indicate that the payment is for an extension using Direct Pay, the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), or a credit or debit card. This way you won’t have to file a separate extension form and you will receive a confirmation number for your records.

@thirdmaf

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies