Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

early bird pricing, premier 2020 ... was $70 when i started, is now $90?

When i began filling out my taxes, the price for premier said $70.  i get them finished and it's saying $90 now??  that is after march 1 pricing, correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

It should still be $70.  Did you maybe add something extra?  Review your TurboTax fees by using the instructions I'm linking below.

How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online? 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

nope, is just flat out $90 and $50 for state, which is a $30 increase over last year ... it was definitely $70 when i began and it's still feb, so as though they're just screwing folks now?  don't know, see pic ...

Screenshot 2021-02-24 204403.png

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@mrthirsty Log out of your TurboTax program.  Then clear your computer's cache, delete browsing history and delete cookies.  You may even need to use a different browser. 

The current price is $70.  But it will increase on March 1.  Hopefully you can get this straightened out.  Don't file until it's fixed.

Edited after original answer:  And state return should be $40.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thanks for the help ... i have already done all that, same price.  how are you confirming that early bird is in fact supposed to be $70 and $40 still?  can you post a pic of?  below is what they have listed presently on their products page, so wondering if they just stopped honoring the early bird discount?  don't know, banner at top just says "early bird, up to $30 off, blah blah" ... these peoples non transparent practices on pricing is pathetic ... does anyone that works for them read this page??  

Screenshot 2021-02-25 082759.png

@mrthirsty Don't know what website you are using to see that price.  The TurboTax website for the online editions shows the Premier online edition at $70 - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Clear cache and cookies on your web browser and access the TurboTax website again.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for clearing cache - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/01/26135

Online Editions 2020 - Early.JPG

the pic showing $90 is from the exact same link you posted ... after clearing the below cookies i do finally see the pic you posted on the products page for $70 but when i log back in still $90 like i posted above ... god this is maddening, because it's not like i'm going to redo all my tax preparation a 2nd time, ugh ... good old big tech for you, would be great if someone that works there could just charge me the correct price!

cookies_turbotax.pngScreenshot 2021-02-25 090118.png

@mrthirsty wrote:

the pic showing $90 is from the exact same link you posted ... after clearing the below cookies i do finally see the pic you posted on the products page for $70 but when i log back in still $90 like i posted above ... god this is maddening, because it's not like i'm going to redo all my tax preparation a 2nd time, ugh ... good old big tech for you, would be great if someone that works there could just charge me the correct price!

cookies_turbotax.pngScreenshot 2021-02-25 090118.png

Look at your fees on the TurboTax online website - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online/0...

If your fees are incorrect then you will need to contact TurboTax support for assistance

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

ok, will start with the good news.  i opened a case through "contact us" and after 10 min on hold and wading through prompts i got an actual person.  after the normal this and that they shared my screen and saw that they were in fact not extending me the early bird pricing.  they didn't know why or how to fix it, so I agreed to a 20% discount code which knocked me down to only paying $2 more than advertised.  i'm not complaining about that per se, because after wasting a couple of hours on this already i was happy to escape finally.  See the pic below ...

My bigger point is that no way was this just a technical coincidence.  Imagine all the people they probably do this to that don't have the time or inclination to argue over $30.  Non-transparent pricing (misleading, confusing, however you chose to describe it), difficult customer service, and all the rest is just more unethical business from big tech.  I have used this company for 15 plus years now, and they have raised their rates every year since 2015 at least.  Their software is great, everything outside of that not so much.

Sincere thanks to everyone who assisted me on this.  Hopefully my case is anomalous. 

Screenshot 2021-02-25 094047.png

jebarryjr

I had the same issue.  I took a screen shot of the prices when I started and now they will not honor them.

There was no wording of an expiration date and no notice that it would expire.  I am a 15+ year user of Turbo Tax and am training my kids on it.  We will leave over this issue!

To get the special you had to *pay* before it expired.   You could pay anytime  prior to filing.  

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies