Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

During credit card payment process, I got a message saying "Whoops! We hit a snag loading your data. Please try again.", what gives?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

During credit card payment process, I got a message saying "Whoops! We hit a snag loading your data. Please try again.", what gives?

If you are receiving this message you may need to log out and restart your computer, then log back in, or try another browser.

You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Please see these TurboTax FAQ's for information on how to clear your cache and cookies:

To clear your cache use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

To clear your cookies use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

This question was previously answered by JeanneLO

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tried all of that and more, the error still remains.

the error message is less than useless.

Please use the following link to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Moorea18

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything(allowed cookies, cleared cache, restarted computer, turned off firewall, tried a different card) and I still get this error. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with a support tech and we still couldn't figure it out. Not sure where to go from here...

The same issue after entering the license code. The customer support is hanging off the phone because they do not understand English alphabet. Money has been paid. And nothing works. Completely no support.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

Eriks T

I just found an issue that has created this for certain customers. If you are using an .llc email address, this can trigger this error. The solution is to change to a "traditional" email format as it appears the software glitches on this sort of address. Discovered this while helping a customer this afternoon.

nordface

I had problem on multiple browers and devices when trying to file on public network (Marriott Hotel wifi). Issue resolved when I paid through my cell phone (make sure wifi is deactivated).

li2mcmug

A million thanks! It worked when I paid using my cellphone!

I tried so many other ways and it didn't work before.

I have tried everything mentioned on this thread on both desktop and mobile.

I keep getting stuck at the payment process, with both manually entering my credit card information and using Apple Pay. What could be the problem?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to click here and give us a call if none of the solutions above worked. @andrwrhee 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies