Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does TurboTax support downloads from National Financial?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
HelenaC

Yes, You can securely import Forms 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, and 1099-R into TurboTax, from National Financial. Please see all the financial institutions that are a participating TurboTax Import Partner.

Please see the screenshot below.

Related information:

I was told by my broker that TurboTax is having a problem importing from national Financial.  Is this true because I receive a message that the info is not available, yet I have a hard copy of the tax reporting statement.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If you have a hard copy of your information from National Financial you may want to consider entering the information manually into TurboTax if you are unsure when or if National Financial will download your information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having the same problem with Financial Services LLC import  .... getting a message that data is not available.  National Financial told me to contact Turbo Tax for support.  Any suggestions?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you are unable to import your data, you can always enter it manually.

Here's how you enter your 1099-B in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019? If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  5. At Let's get your tax info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B (type it in yourself).
  6. Follow the instructions.

Here's how to enter your 1099-DIV in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for 1099-DIV and select the Jump to link in your search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you receive any dividend income?
  4. Choose your bank or brokerage from the list to import your 1099-DIV and select Continue or manually enter your 1099-DIV  by selecting I'll type it in myself.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your 1099-DIV.

@maryf3291

Is this a Fidelity account? If so, the 1099's will show National Financial Services LLC as Payer but that is simply an agency arrangement. When trying to import data, select Fidelity and use your Fidelity log-in/password. I had no problem a week ago. 

I'm having the same issue - cannot import from National Financial Services - it just says the data is unavailable. TurboTax really needs to fix this - entering 1099-Bs is very tedious.  Why buy the software to make this easier so you can download when the downloads don't work???  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described here How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

@BluIdTi2gr

Marb3010

Yes, it’s ridiculous National Financial Services cannot enable importation of client institutions’ tax data. Even crazier there is no reasonable telephone number for inquiry. A pretty good gig for them. 
Solution: Move your financial accounts, brokerage accounts, etc to Merrill Lynch or Vanguard where importation is seamless and effective. This is final tax season I’m manually entering the details. Very frustrating. 

mar728

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

Is there a specific error message being received? also if you happen to have a large amount of transactions, you may opt to use a summary in lieu of entering them individually, this FAQ provides further details. Sorry for the frustration @Marb3010.

Read my answer from last year. National Financial may have issued the 1099 for someone else (e.g. Fidelity). Select the name of the brokerage (NOT National Financial), enter your brokerage ID and password. I just did it for my Fidelity account and everything imported perfectly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies