turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does payment completed mean my refund was accepted for payment

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

When your file your tax return successfully and you choose to pay your fees from your Federal refund, the TurboTax program considers the fee paid, even though the federal refund has not been released yet. This is why you see "Payment Completed". You can check your e-file status to see if the IRS has accepted it yet by following the instructions in the following link: How do I check my e-file status?

As soon as your return is accepted by the IRS, your info shows at SBTPG, it should have your expected refund amount and it will say that they have not received your refund yet. Once they have your return it will update and tell you when they received it, what they received, what they deducted and when they sent it to your direct deposit account.

"somethingaboutmary Level 5"

Follow the steps below to track your refund when using the Refund Processing Option:

Step 1 - Check with the IRS

Get the status of your Federal tax refund by visiting the IRS "Where's My Refund?" page. 

Check the status of your refund 

Step 2  - Check with TPG

Once you have confirmed that your refund has been released by the IRS and you have selected a Refund Transfer from Santa Barbara TPG you may check the status of your Refund Transfer by visiting our website. 

Check the status of your Refund Transfer

For more information, please see the link below:

TPG Santa Barbara Tax Product Group

Note: Once your return is "Accepted" by the IRS, you will then find your status on the IRS Where’s My Refund? site, as your tax return is now in the IRS's hands.

• E-filing status is what stage of the process your return is in.
  • Refund status is when you can expect your refund. If that’s what you’re interested in, go to Where's My Refund?

Where's My Tax Refund? The IRS Refund Timetable Explained

But when it said when you file your return successfully Thad means it was aprove or accepted because my payment wen from pending for like a month and now is payment completed so again successfully mean refund aprobé or accept by irs 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Erivera848

Your return filed successfully means, it was sent to the IRS. 

Accepted and approved have two different meanings. Does "accepted" mean my refund is approved?

Since Turbo Tax will not have the status of your refund, continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. 

What does pending mean? 

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies