turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Completing my state of WI return and it states I need to upload a document for the Homestead credit. What document am I suppose to upload??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Completing my state of WI return and it states I need to upload a document for the Homestead credit. What document am I suppose to upload??

If you qualify for the Wisconsin Homestead Credit, you must submit a copy of your 2019 property tax bill (if you owned and occupied your home) or an original rent certificate signed by your landlord (if you rented your home) along with your Schedule H or H-EZ.

Wisconsin Homestead Credit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jd95
Level 2

Is it possible to efile WI taxes claiming Homestead credit as a renter as state requires a 'renters certificate' signed by the landlord to included in the filing. It appears TT is allowing me to complete Schedule H, but how do I get the signed certificate attached?

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@jd95 You can Efile your Wisconsin return and claim the Homestead Credit, then mail your Schedule H or H-EZ later with your landlord's signed Rent Certificate.

Write 'Tax Return Filed Separately' on the top of your Schedule H. 

Click this link for more info on filing the Wisconsin Homestead Credit

What must I do to not take the Homestead Tax Credit. The information asked for I don't have and to save a headache, I'd rather just not claim the credit, so I can file my taxes!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Try this:

1. As you prepare your state of Wisconsin return, go to the page entitled Take a look at Wisconsin credits and taxes.
  2. Go to Personal, home, and family credits>homestead credit
  3. When it asks if you owned or rented the homestead you lived on in 2021, say no.
  4. Also go to tax tools>tools>delete a form.  Look for Schedule H or Schedule H-EZ and delete those forms.
  5. See if this works.

I see no tax tool tab or delete a form

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Try deleting your browser's cookies. Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ regarding How to delete cookies! As long as you have not already filed or paid for your return, follow these steps to Delete a form from your Turbo Tax online return.

@1wdx9zj21

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies