Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

charles Schwab 1099

anyone else having a problem downloading 1099 from charles Schwab ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

67 Replies

charles Schwab 1099

Turbo Tax added the (stupid) new step - messing up the connection....

charles Schwab 1099

Do you have a work around?

charles Schwab 1099

What is the extra step

charles Schwab 1099

Feb 19, 2022: Unable to download my Schwab 1099s - appears issue with Schwab (?) extra security measures. After logging into Intuit and entering account login on Schwab page I get error message:  "Login is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer support." Recurring attempt over last 24 + hrs produces same error message.

Anybody has info to assist?

charles Schwab 1099

I'm having the same issue....called Charles Schwab and finally Got  to a person who suggested I change browser from Chrome to Safari....I have a MacBook.....anyway I did and it still didn't work....I think that extra step by Charles Schwab is the issue.....any suggestions welcome

charles Schwab 1099

Just got a call from Intuit (TurboTax) senior tech who says this is known problem with some institutions including Schwab. She said 1009 imports will not be able to be imported until 1st week in March, which is confusing in that I was successful in importing from one other institution.

My assessment is the extra security measure (encrypted download) for 2021 tax year is the issue. Not sure if this is an Institution (e.g., Schwab) issue or a TurboTax issue or a hand-shaking protocol issue between the them.

Obviously, this is a big frustration...and I am not so certain it will get resolved by early March...but "Hope springs eternal". It seems we have no choice, but to wait and see...ugghhh!!

charles Schwab 1099

PS...I do not think the browser question is pertinent. As far as I know TurboTax does not call up a browser for the download...there is no way within TurboTax to select one browser or another...this concern is likely a red-herring!

Also, as an FYI for other readers: my Schwab accounts are enabled for 3rd party access...so this is not the problem.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

charles Schwab 1099

Please see the Help Article here if you are having issues with a 1099 import.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

charles Schwab 1099

I am getting the message "Login is temporarily unavailable". The fact that I get the same message when I enter an invalid username combined with the fact that some people have been able to download after a number a failures leads me to believe that Schwab is simply overloaded.

It's not a login failure - it's not even reaching the login process. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

charles Schwab 1099

Please follow the instructions here if you are having trouble importing your 1099. 

If you are unable to import still, you can follow the instructions here to enter a large number of stock transactions in Turbo Tax. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support.  @dbx277

charles Schwab 1099

I agree with your comment.  Turbo Tax does not call a browser, at least the one I use, which is the paying version.  Maybe someone is referring to the free online version, just for clarification.  I am also having the same problem with Quicken with my Schwab accounts having to register again for download and I get the same message.  I am certain it is a Schwab problem.  I will wait another week or so and hope it gets fixed.  I tried calling Schwab and gave up waiting for a human to answer.

charles Schwab 1099

This help link is not helpful if you already had Enable Third-Party Access turned on (and used it the prior year just fine). We need a response related to this year's version of turbotax doing something different than last year.

charles Schwab 1099

I can't even get past the Bank Login screen. It is completely blank except for those two words at the top.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

charles Schwab 1099

It would be best to contact us by following the instructions here, so we can take a deeper look into the issue. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies