turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Case #xxxxxxxxx and Case #xxxxxxxxx both address errors with Form 1099-B Form 8949, Part II with Box E checked. Per IRS Instructions for Form 8949 (2020) Box E.?

Final review fails and the Form 1099-B was downloaded with your download.
Box E.

Report on a Part II with box E checked all long-term transactions reported to you on Form 1099-B (or substitute statement) without an amount shown for cost or other basis or showing that cost or other basis wasn't reported to the IRS.

That is exactly what I have.  A fix was alluded to in Case #xxxxxxxxx to be available on 02/26/2021.  The failure still exists.  Second case has a supervisor informing me my Document is incorrect from Etrade and alluding to me having Etrade correct my document.  Why will your final review not successfully complete when my Form-1099B Form 84949, PartII with Box E checked conforms to the IRS pubs?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Case #xxxxxxxxx and Case #xxxxxxxxx both address errors with Form 1099-B Form 8949, Part II with Box E checked. Per IRS Instructions for Form 8949 (2020) Box E.?

Some other tax filing than TurboTax is the solution.  I filed my income taxes with TaxAct using the exact input information.  It successfully complete a final review, and filed both my Federal and state income taxes.  Both have been accepted.  Additionally; I consulted my retired CPA regarding the information input and its validity.  I was advised that it was correct.  He utilizes H&R Block.  I believe I may do the same next year.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Some other tax filing than TurboTax is the solution.  I filed my income taxes with TaxAct using the exact input information.  It successfully complete a final review, and filed both my Federal and state income taxes.  Both have been accepted.  Additionally; I consulted my retired CPA regarding the information input and its validity.  I was advised that it was correct.  He utilizes H&R Block.  I believe I may do the same next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies