turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

This was turbo tax official response to people getting stimulus checks they lied. 

Screenshot_2020-04-17-11-36-30.png

Can we start a civil suite? I doubt we’ll get our money any time soon

I received the same message the first time I signed in. 

Here is a tip when checking your payment status:

Make sure to put your SSN with the dashes. 
Make sure your DOB is entered with the slashes

Your address should be entered in exactly as it appears on your tax forms filed. (I had to add the additional four digits to the end of my zip code)

Once I entered this information I received a message that they don’t have enough information to process my payment and to add direct deposit information after I verified it was me from my last tax information filed.

Hopefully this helps someone else. Be blessed, positive, stay safe. 😷

Cannot get information on Stimulus Payment from IRS Site

I filed electronically using Turbotax Freefile sponsored by the IRS.  IRS acknowledged receiving return on April 10th.  When I check status of my stimulus payment on IRS site it first said "Status Not Available", Now it says "Please try again later.  

We are unable to provide you with the status of your payment or perform the action requested because:

• The tax return information you entered does not match our records; or
  • You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.

Please come back after 24 hours and try again."

I put in my info correctly, identically from what is on my return.  And this is the first time I've checked on it in the last 24 hrs.  I read in the media there is a problem for people who filed with TurboTax and H&R Block.  I cannot find any answers on TurboTax  and when I called them they said they didn't know either.  So what do I do now??  WHERE YOU AT TURBOTAX?  I'VE USED YOU FOR 10 YEARS

I did the same thing yesterday and check it today a d they said that didnt have time for my dd but that when they do it deposited in the account so now just wait

I updated my direct deposit info on Wednesday because sadly the IRS did not have my information which definitely was on my tax forms.   Still no deposit date when I check the IRS site.  My only question now is when will deposits be sent for those people who had to update their info through no fault of their own.

I'm very frustrated as well having had $150 taken out of my federal and filed through turbotax to ensure I would get my stimulus. All of this to be left with no answers. I know I qualify, I entered my information I keep getting no info at this time. I cannot call Turbotax without adding for and paying for an advanced service. I don't see how I could trust to use Turbotax next year or ever again. This is atrocious. I should have just gone directly through the IRS site. I feel completely ripped off by turbotax.

I'm in the same boat! I checked so many times yesterday the site blocked me for 24 hours. I'd really like to know when they plan on sending ours.

pponeil98

Filed for stimulus on 04/05/2020; still getting the "Payment Status Not Available" message on IRS's "Get Payment' tool. I have done my homework and ensured that I am 100% eligible to receive the stimulus payment, and am mostly confused by the fact that I used the same direct deposit information to file my 2018 taxes on Turbotax as I did when I registered for the stimulus payment through Turbotax's online tool as well -- I've read about the issues that have been going on with the IRS and third-party tax services due to the IRS not having the current & correct direct deposit information, but I wouldn't think that would apply to my situation? I might be missing something, although at this point I've had plenty of time to be thorough in making sure all of my Is are dotted and my Ts crossed...

Screenshot_2020-04-17-14-34-43.png

Returning Member

I filed my stimulus package through you guys website on April 05 2020 I even have a confirmation number TTWCD [social security number removed] that everything had been accepted at the Irs but when I go to the Irs get my payment it telling me that my information not matching up with theirs can you please give me a reason why it saying that

Im starting get really frustrated with this company

Anonymous
Not applicable

it is not TT. It's the IRS. due to antiquated IRS computer systems the info from your filed return must be transferred to another database.   this takes time.    considering the IRS is short of staffing due to the virus, this process may take longer tham usual. also consider the millions of returns whose info must be transferred. TT has no control over it.   in addition those with the lowest incomes are getting there payments first

The iRS database is only update once a day - so try every couple of days.  

Iv filed my 2019 taxes and got my return but when i use the irs find my payment tool it says nothing can be found?

Jug115
Returning Member

Same thing here.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies