turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

apatel345

Can you still connect your T rowe Price account and pull and the tax data? I was able to just login last year and Turbo Tax pulled all the information.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

Can you still connect your T rowe Price account and pull and the tax data? I was able to just login last year and Turbo Tax pulled all the information.

Yes should be the same.  But many places don't have the import file ready yet.  Not until February.  Maybe mid or late February.  Just because you can see the info and 1099 on your brokers website they still have to create the special import file.

This schedule says late January for online import to Turbo Tax 

https://www.troweprice.com/personal-investing/planning-and-research/tax-planning/prepare-your-taxes/... 

Hi all. I just tried to upload/import T. Rowe Price mutual fund data to TTax. No dice. It could not get past the security step. I know my username and password were correct. TRPrice added some security hurdles for website and app logins earlier this year (I have to get sent a SMS text and enter a six digit code with every website or app login). Since TTax and TRPrice are such good buddies, I foolishly assumed they had built in a neat workaround. It doesn't appear so. Any advice??

Two likely issues:

1) HAVING ANY ZERO BALANCE TRP ACCOUNTS CAN TOTALLY BLOCK THE LINKAGE BETWEEN TRP & TT.

2) HAVING ANY INHERITED ACCOUNTS CAN ALSO BLOCK THE UPLOADS.

This is SUPER frustrating because you'd think TRP and TT being partners (that refer clients to each other) would have figured out solid dataflow. TT should get on this, or I will be using other methods to do my taxes.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described here:

How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I agree 100%

I am having the same issues. I was able to download some 1099 data earlier in the month but I cannot now. T Rowe Price was no help at all. It does appear to be related to a zero balance account.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues with importing 1099 data, you want to make sure you grant third-party access for TurboTax to import. I have also added some FAQ articles below that might help assist you. If none of those articles help resolve your issue, please post back here and let us know:

What if I can't import my 1099?

How do I enter a large number of stock transactions in TurboTax Online?

How do I import my 1099?

@stewart-bryan

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can't even find T Rowe Price on the list to import my dividends. It worked fine in the previous years.
Why don't I see it on the list?
How can I get it?

It's just as fast and easier to manually enter your W2 or 1099. Don't type the bank name or try to import it.
At the bottom pick - Change How I enter my Form

Then on the next screen pick - I'll Type it in Myself

It's not one of these?

1099 TRPrice.jpg

Thank you for adding it. I'm sure it wasn't there before. I checked many times

I didn't add it.  It's always been there.  

Ok. So I guess I was the doofus. I was expecting it further under the T's. Not first. I think I didn't see it there

Sorry

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies