turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you explain I file my 2021 taxes though turbo online -but irs states i didnt file what happen i completed it on April 15 2022

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can you explain I file my 2021 taxes though turbo online -but irs states i didnt file what happen i completed it on April 15 2022

The IRS website says that a lot.  It's common.  They are just way behind.  The IRS is taking 6 months or more.  Just keep waiting and be patient.

Was your return Accepted?  Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

If you used the Online version you can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  And check your spam folder for them.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

Carl
Level 15

How does the IRS "state" this? Did you get a letter in the mail or something?I ask for details, because of all the fraud going on along this front.

Do you have the e-mails to prove the return was e-filed and accepted by the IRS?

When you click that big orange "Transmit By Returns Now" button, you receive two e-mails.

The first e-mail arrives within 20 minutes and informs you that your return was successfully transmitted to the IRS. It does not mean the IRS received it.

The 2nd e-mail arrives anywhere from 20 minutes to 48 hours after you have successfully transmitted the return to the IRS. That e-mail will inform you if the transmitted return was accepted or rejected by the IRS.

So do you have the e-mail confirming it was accepted by the IRS?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies