turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you download TurboTax 2020 versions for use on a second computer with your paid subscription? Both 2020 products were downloads, not CDs. I am thinking you can?

Need to know urgently. Covid quarantine situation. October 15 deadline.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can you download TurboTax 2020 versions for use on a second computer with your paid subscription? Both 2020 products were downloads, not CDs. I am thinking you can?

Yes if you bought the CD or the Download you can install it on 5 computers. Download it the same way as the first time.  Where did you buy it from?

How to download your purchase
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-download-the-software-i-purchased-at-turb...

Access your downloads here
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW). Enter some basic information, then go to the state tab and download the state program. Then try to open your existing return, go to FILE - OPEN

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes if you bought the CD or the Download you can install it on 5 computers. Download it the same way as the first time.  Where did you buy it from?

How to download your purchase
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-download-the-software-i-purchased-at-turb...

Access your downloads here
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW). Enter some basic information, then go to the state tab and download the state program. Then try to open your existing return, go to FILE - OPEN

What do you mean Both 2020 products?  What did you buy?  You only need 1 personal program.  Did you also buy the separate Business program (not the same as Home & Business)?  

Thank you VolvoGirl! You provided the

perfect solution and got us through a tight final tax deadline. Appreciate how quickly you responded.  Hope TurboTax is grateful for community experts like you. You increase the value of the program for them!

Oh we get two programs intentionally for our varied family needs. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies