Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

john-mcneely
Returning Member

Can't efile 2023 return

Turbo Tax says I can't efile because my return contains certain forms that the IRS won't accept electronically.  How do I learn specifically which form(s) is/are the problem?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can't efile 2023 return

This is a known issue in TurboTax and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. As soon as we have a resolution for you, it'll be shared on Community. The issue is scheduled to be resolved end of 1/31. Please do not file prior to 2/1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can't efile 2023 return

I still cannot file my business return for a small business and it is 02/11/2024.  When will this issue be resolved?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can't efile 2023 return

If you are still having this issue, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service  

Can't efile 2023 return

Today is February 15. I spent 45 minutes with an agent yesterday, and 20 more minutes today, and the problem is still not resolved. We have done everything one can do: rebooting, clearing caches and data, changing browsers and today, removing and re-installing the whole program. I still can't file my return. This is very frustrating because I am owed a nice refund. This has to get fixed asap.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can't efile 2023 return

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

Can't efile 2023 return

I finally found a way to efile. It involved installing Turbo on a different computer. When I went to efile, it went right through. Still not sure what the first issue was, but this is a recommended resolution for anyone else experiencing this problem.

Trietran
Returning Member

Can't efile 2023 return

I have the same problem.  I can't do e-file 2023 return, too.  My turbotax 2023 is version 023.000.0446

I installed the turbotax 2023 to the different computer but I still have the same problem (Can't do e-file)

Please help!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can't efile 2023 return

What type of return and state are you trying to file?

Trietran
Returning Member

Can't efile 2023 return

Hi CatinaT1,

My type of return is 'Married filing jointly' & 'California' state.

Thanks,

Trietran
Returning Member

Can't efile 2023 return

Correction: type of return is Form 1040 Individual.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can't efile 2023 return

What does it tell you is the reason you are not able to e-file? Can you maybe provide a screen shot?

Can't efile 2023 return

Turbo Tax is not allowing me to e-file saying I “can’t file formsets”. This makes no sense as I e-filed last year with no issues and can’t figure out what would be different this year. It also is saying “oops we encountered a problem” when I choose to pay my fed taxes by credit card. Please advise!!!!

Can't efile 2023 return

Turbo Tax is not allowing me to e-file saying I “can’t file formsets”. This makes no sense as I e-filed last year with no issues and can’t figure out what would be different this year. It also is saying “oops we encountered a problem” when I choose to pay my fed taxes by credit card. Please advise!!!!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can't efile 2023 return

If you still experience the issue, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies