Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't download Turbotax to my Mac after PC

I downloaded it successfully to my PC, but can't download now to my Mac. I have been able to do this for years and used to download it to 3 different computers before I retired. When I try to download to the Mac I get the message: "This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads." The download I already have is for Windows not Mac. The disk I bought is for PC and Mac.  I was told on the 40 minute chat yesterday that I need a new license for each computer download. When I go to the Contact Us link to attempt getting the Mac download pushed to me, I get a phone number for the unhelpful robot voice.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach back out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach back out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

Thanks. Although it's not a stated option on the support phone, I just said "I want to speak to a real person", and it happened. She pushed the Mac download to my account.

DamonH
Returning Member

I tried this and the agent suggested I buy a external DVD drive to use an alternate OS.  Not very helpful.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread. Please let us know the issue you are currently having. @DamonH

DamonH
Returning Member

Thanks for noticing. I have home and business 2021. None of my computers have CD drives. With my first download it locked me into macOS only downloads. I really need to install it on my windows machines too. Phone Support said it was Costco’s problem. I should return it and buy another copy or by an external CD drive. I think that’s unfair to Costco. I’m simply doing what my license allows, up to 5 returns per license. Thanks. @CarissaM 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here to try the steps provided by southmplsmom in this Community thread, looks like some users have had success with it. 

@DamonH

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies