Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I put 0 or less on line 11? I keep getting an error that reads "1040/1040sr Wks" Line 11 too large", although the calculation using the tool is a negative number.

This is for form 1040/1040SR. My tax liability for self-employment is less than the parameters that are set. The minimum value is 0, and the calculation is negative. Can I possibly remove this form all together?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

Can I put 0 or less on line 11? I keep getting an error that reads "1040/1040sr Wks" Line 11 too large", although the calculation using the tool is a negative number.

Delete form 1040/1040SR Wks. 

It does repopulate with an error for that worksheet foreign income and crypto currency - Answer that error and you should be good. 
pjmulch

I deleted the form, checked the cryptocurrency box "no" and the error came back when I ran the error check.  Line 11 is too large.  you can't go any smaller than 0.

I'm in the same boat.  And if you put a negative number, it gives you an out of range error.  It will not let me file no matter what I try.

I had the same problem. You are on the right track by deleting forms but deleting the 1040 wks form did not work for me either. I found what caused the issue is if you delete something in the self employed section of income, turbo tax is not deleting the form associated with it like it is supposed to and it is creating a duplicate form when you enter the correct information. I had duplicate 1099NEC and section c forms. I just deleted all of the 1099NEC and all of the section C and went back and started a new 1099NEC. Worked fine after that.

Thanks for your help. How exactly do you delete your 1099NEC and all of section C? Just go down each income and expense item and delete them and then recrate them all and it should work? I deleted just the 1099 NEC and recreated it but this did not work and now my previous year info is gone so I am hesitant to do this will all of my expenses too...unless this is the solution...

I figured out a solution to at least my version of the problem.  Instead of having 0. in the cell, have absolutely nothing.  Remove all the text and then continue on.  It accepted my return after that.  I found that solution from another thread where someone had to call customer service to figure out the answer.  Seems like poor coding on Intuit's part.

Click on tax tools in the menu on the left side> click tools> click delete a form... it will show you a list of all the forms. You don’t have to delete last years but if you do, when you log out and log back in it will show up again. What it shows in the walkthrough is just an example for you to compare to last year. Turbo Tax will keep records of each year you filed with them. The delete a form list only shows what it has generated since you started going through the walkthrough. I see some are saying clearing out the “0” worked for them but it didn’t work for me. I had to delete the duplicates for it to work.

You sir are a genius! Or I'm an idiot but either way thank you for your help. Having said that I truly have no idea if I actually paid my self employment taxes this year or deferred them, but it's letting me file so I am moving on haha

brin366

Leaving the line blank, removing zero.  Worked for me.  Did not have to delete any forms.  THANK YOU FOR THE INFO.

Evince83

Removing the zero worked for me!  I was going crazy trying to figure it out

soogar

I found removing the "0" from line 11 and keeping it empty worked and allowed me to move forward.

rossgo

Seriously - thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been yelling at my computer for an hour. Removing the zero on like the 90th try let me finally file. Most issues I've ever had in filing with turbotax this year - and I've used them for a decade. 

Seriously thanks!

GeoDon

Yep, had the same issues as everyone in this thread but blanking out Line 11 worked for me too - thanks to all who figured out this workaround and who tried it before me!  Found this thread through a customer service tech via the help chat.

Thanks a bunch. This worked like a charm!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies