turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I please get my 6 digit passcode sent via text to the phone number on file under my account

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

33 Replies
JuanJ

Can I please get my 6 digit passcode sent via text to the phone number on file under my account

Refer to the solutions below if you're having trouble getting your verification code or your code doesn't work.

I never received my code

Follow these solutions in the order listed:

1. (Emailed verification codes) – Check your Junk and/or Spam folders. On Gmail, also check your other email tabs.
  2. Wait about 5 minutes; your email or phone provider might still be sending the message, or your connection may be slow.
  3. Verify your email and/or phone number in TurboTax. Make any corrections if necessary.
The code I received is not working

This usually happens either when an old (expired) code is entered into the current request window, or the request window has been closed.

Here's what you need to do to get back on track:

1. Request another verification code.
  2. Leave the window open that asks for the code. Closing the window will automatically invalidate the code.
    • If you need to check your email for the code, open another tab or browser session instead of overwriting the request window.
  3. Wait for the verification code to arrive via email or text.
    • This can take a few minutes, so be patient. Requesting a new code will cancel the code currently being sent.
  4. Copy/paste or type the code into the request window. (Don't enter 692-227 if receiving via text – as that's our SMS short code, not your verification code.)
Other Options

Alternatively, you can select Try something else on the Get help signing in screen instead of a code. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to verify your account.

GEN87050

See entire answer

jl6421

i have no cell phone I need it sent to my email the passcode not my home number

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

This Account Recovery Request Link allows you to enter your phone number, email or User ID

toddchris

im not receiving another code so after filling everything out I cant finish.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Here are some steps to try to get your e-filing verification code.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can I send me my verification code on my phone number 33450563t6 I don't have much knowledge of emails and how they work and the number isn't mine it's a fa.ily members number

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

It may be best to speak directly with a person.

The most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

I’m having trouble with receiving my 6 digit verification code. Text me at [phone number removed] 

624Miller

Haven't gotten the emails at my account, would like you to send the cod to my phone number,please.

Need a new 6 digit password..mine exspired

Please send me a six digit code to my phone number so that i can get my Stimulus check send it through text message

rashwnkosch
Returning Member

the phone is [phone number removed]

can I please have my 6 digit pass code sent text to my phone 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS would be the only agency that can assist you with this.

TurboTax does not have this information.

See the following link as there is a website you can also use to obtain your IP PIN.

Obtaining your 6-digit IP PIN

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies