Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I pay for a product and have the same tax expert assist with filing both mine and my spouse's return if we're doing married filing separately?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I pay for a product and have the same tax expert assist with filing both mine and my spouse's return if we're doing married filing separately?

That will actually be two returns----one for each of you.  When you use online TurboTax you get one return per fee. So you will want the same expert to help with those two returns---which you will each have to pay for.   Not sure how you request the expert, but ask when you initiate the returns.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-see-messages-from-my-tax-expert/01/130485...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

You will most likely not have the same tax expert. When you speak to a tax expert on a specific issue or question, they take notes during your call in case you have follow-up questions. While you can't make an appointment with a specific person, the next tax expert you speak to will have reviewed any previous notes and can pick it up from there. For more information, please click here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies