turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ryelli

Can I merge two intuit accounts, e.g a Mint account and TurboTax account? Both are associated with the same email address, but have separate usernames/passwords.

What if we took the word "merge" out of the conversation and start talking about "Single Sign On."  Both accounts can remain independent, but we let one log in have permission to access the other.  It's been handled many times by many companies by now.  

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Can I merge two intuit accounts, e.g a Mint account and TurboTax account? Both are associated with the same email address, but have separate usernames/passwords.

Please visit the TurboTax Help article below for steps to take in order to create an Intuit account that will provide for a "Single Sign On" solution across multiple Intuit products.

FAQ - Account Creation

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's a bit of an oxymoron to say "create a new account" for "single sign on" because you now have more sign on options than before.

The real problem (which then isn't resolved by that suggestion) is that we have existing accounts with data in them that we don't want to lose or otherwise leave behind by creating a new account in order to get the benefits of SSO. I mean, just now, I had to open a different window in private/incognito mode to reply to this message since I was logged into my Mint account and then this discussion forum was auto-logging me into that account which hasn't been set up for discussions whereas my other Intuit account is the one used here... so it was actively causing an issue where I couldn't use this site unless I jumped through hoops to make sure I wasn't logged into my Mint account for the session to then be able to choose to log into my other account for it to work; the most basic fix for this would be to have the forum ask which account I'd like to use or confirm auto-login rather than just doing it per my session already being logged into Mint & actually not being the account I can/want to use, but the ideal fix(es) would be to get existing accounts able to be set with a primary account to then be used as SSO out of the two, allow for them to be joined together for quick account switching (a-la Google & others as suggested above), and/or outright merging of the existing accounts as discussed above.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it still seems like there is no option to resolve this shortcoming that I'm aware of.

From what I understand, SSO works completely well for new customers.  You can set up and access all accounts with one login.  The problem I, and others, have is because we are legacy users of 2 or more products prior to their acquisition by Intuit.  For example, I have done my taxes in TurboTax for the past decade.  I have a Mint account dating to before Intuit bought them.  Last tax season, Intuit sent me a marketing message to my Mint login asking me to login and do my taxes with TurboTax.  I actually thought nothing about it and followed their suggestion, did my taxes, and realized near the end of the process that I had made a mistake by following their direction.  I saw this because my historical returns were not available to compare.  But, based on their messaging indicating one account & one login, I naively assumed they were being honest and I could move forward and simply link the accounts.  That proved to be wrong.  

KZeni,

You and I seem to have the exact same problem.  And Intuit continues to thumb their nose at us.

Yes, I canceled my subscription to all things “intuit” - I guess that’s why I’m having to leave a comment under another username? 

Anyway - I’ve been using “Keeper Tax” and I love it!! Super easy - and they work directly with me and are super responsive and aren’t afraid to have their programming team write some code to take a popular suggestion and make it a new feature! I’m surprised that intuit isn’t more intuitive about what would make their user experience more simple. 🤷🏻‍♂️

PS. Since I canceled my accounts I had to make a new one in order to reply - because they want my money first before I can reply to the emails I receive saying that there was a reply to my original post I made? So we can’t even be on the forums without paying a membership fee? Thank  goodness I have this other email address where I could get a free trial. Most of the forums I am a part of are free and on a separate web address than the service I’m paying for   

Is this still not a feature to merge all accounts data?? No one said a thing about taxes - what if we just want to use Mint to gain a grasp on our spending? We should I have the option to press a button and have all that data entered simply upload to turbo tax self employed or the standard Turbo Tax. THEN and only THEN - do we actually start working on our taxes -

once we’ve calculated our spending and incomes. Even if REAL PEOPLE had to upload all the MINT data for us (with our written consent or whatever permission they need) that would be more cost effective than losing hundreds of thousands of long time customers wouldn’t it? 

From all the comments I’ve read about this issue - I’m sure intuit has lost a lot of “could be” loyal customers such as myself. 

I’m still so confused as to why the landing page for log in claims to have everything in once place. Oh well.  I guess I’ll stop trying to start conversations that I hoped would benefit this company.... since some users consider this “useless complaining”. 

Remember before the lockdowns - when people discussed things socially in order to solve a problem. Now we can’t even do that without someone getting upset or annoyed with us.  

Wishing you all the best! 

Any update to being able to use one account for both mint and turbotax without losing data? both are tied to the same email

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please clarify what you mean without losing data?

Currently, you are able to have one Intuit login that will work across the various products.  For more information, please see FAQ - Account Creation

@abernaki

Thanks for the question.  I have been Turbotax customer since 2004, first using the CD version and filing by mail and later filing completely electronically. I have also been a Mint customer since before Intuit acquired them.  Over the years, each account eventually used the same login email  Last year, my Mint account solicited me to start my taxes and I followed suit.  Big Mistake!  Now, all of my tax history with my original Intuit account is no longer available to me.  I can view it by opening my prior year's returns, but the history of complex tax situation with rental property etc... is no longer available  The "One Account. Everything Intuit" message turned out to work against me. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@Gary Hudman, this would be best resolved by contacting us by phone. You can follow the instructions here to contact us. 

JeanneH2O

Did you ever find out if above scenario is in fact a solution?

I have the same issue.

Thanks

JaenneH2O,

No, Intuit has not created or allowed a solution.  They insinuated that tax laws prevent them from providing a solution.  I think I am done with all of this.  The combination of these companies is being MARKETED as easy for customers and they IN FACT make it easy for new customers to have one single account for all services.  It is those of us who helped build their companies for many years who are being unceremoniously left out in the cold and no one seems to give a **bleep**.

echopulse

I agree. I have been using mint ad turbotax separately for many years. I logged into Turbotax today to change my password. I then clicked the mint button, and I was already logged in. Then I saw that I had 297 days of history. I didn't even realize that I had this second mint account.

So I logged into my original mint account, and it has 4200 days of history, that cannot be merged into my turbotax account. So I would also love to consolidate my logins, otherwise I will lose the ability to use that data for the purposes of helping me file my taxes. Please consider this option!

dreamgear

Wow, what a cluster this all is.  I'm not going to even bother asking Intuit since they've dug in their heels in intransigence.   But what do you all think of this ?  If I nuke my Mint account entirely (I don't care about *its* history) and then create a new mint acct using the same email as Turbotax, will they start playing nice ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies