turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I combine accounts? I manage business finances through a quickbooks/turbo tax bundle, but I have filed taxes through a turbotax account linked to my personal email.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

Can I combine accounts? I manage business finances through a quickbooks/turbo tax bundle, but I have filed taxes through a turbotax account linked to my personal email.

At this time, there is no way to link or merge those two accounts if you have different usernames and passwords for each of them. 

TurboTax protects your Intuit Account with the latest technology for privacy and security. Unfortunately, this doesn’t allow a safe and secure way to merge multiple accounts.

It is best to use the same Intuit Account when you use TurboTax each year and to use the same user ID and password for all experiences on the Intuit Platform, including TurboTax, Mint, and QuickBooks Self-Employed. This helps our products work better for you, and keeps all your info safe in one account. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My employer created an account for me with my work e-mail when I started my current job. I use that account to access Quickbooks and Mint, and my tax info for my job is already started in TurboTax. However, I have another account attached to my personal e-mail I have used for multiple years to file my taxes in the past. As I started my return process, I went ahead and put in all of my current tax info into my personal account as well. In this case, which account would be better to use to submit my taxes this year? Do I have to complete the process within both accounts or will that get me in trouble? 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@emmajthom

You can choose which Turbo Tax account to use for your return. Just remember to use the same account every year, so that you will have access to your documents if you need them and your information will transfer over. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies