Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bought State Taxes

Hi, 

I was filing my federal taxes and state taxes and I have Delux plan but it doesn't have state taxes feature so I bought that feature for $48.70 in the software itself. But I was just about to finish my taxes for both Federal and State but it still shows that I need to pay $24.99 for state taxes since I have already bought that for $48.70. I'm confused about what is going on?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Bought State Taxes

There is a lot of confusion about this. For the Desktop versions Deluxe and above, it's a free download of one state preparation PROGRAM, not returns filed. You can prepare unlimited federal and unlimited state returns. Some people need to file in more than one state so they have to buy another state program at 44.99. You can print and mail the state for free or each state return (including the first one) is 19.99 until March, then goes to 24.99.  Box says Federal Returns & Federal E-File plus State returns.  It does not say state efiling is included.  It also says on the back on my CD case in the chart comparing the versions - 1 state product via download (print free  or efile for $19.99 each) prices subject to change without notice.

Did you buy the Deluxe that didn't come with a free state program download?  Where did you buy it from?  In the Stores Deluxe comes 2 ways, Deluxe with a free state program and Deluxe without state for states that don't have an income tax.    Did your box or receipt say

Fed + Efile + State

or just Fed + Efile?

Bought State Taxes

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply.

It has only the Fed option. So yes, just Fed + Efile. And I bought state taxes for 44.99 while filing federal taxes. Even though I bought it for 44.99, it still says you need to pay 24.99. So I'm confused about that.

Bought State Taxes

Yes you have to pay a separate 24.99 fee to efile state.  Or you can print and mail state for free.  Where did you buy Deluxe?  You should have bought the one that came with a free state program download.    I'm sorry you didn't realize there was one that included state.  Now you know for next year.  

Bought State Taxes

I bought it on Newegg and it says federal only no state. What about my $44.99? I spent it for state tax and now I won't be able to use that feature?

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies