turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

r127tax

Blank activation screen

Installing Turbotax premier 2020.  I get a blank activation screen.  Updater did complete prior.  New computer, new disk, disabled firewall
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

186 Replies

Blank activation screen

Another user posted this fix.  See if it works for you -

• change your resolution to 800 x 600 (start>setting >system resolution. once it's been changed, your screen size will look very big. REMEMBER your initial resolution setting!
  • launch TT and the activation screen should launch.  copy / paste in your activation code. you should get the 'all set' green check mark
  • change your resolution back to what is was originally. 

Blank activation screen

This solved my blank activation screen issue with 2020 TT Premier downloaded on 12/13/2020.   Thank you very much

Blank activation screen

Turned out that this is not a screen resolution issue in Windows, so much as it is a screen SCALING issue. Had an instance where scaling cranked up to 200%. Reset scaling to 100% and changed the resolution to a size that was more comfortable (1920x1080 in this case) and everything worked fine.

smacota1

Blank activation screen

This fixed my issue. Thanks

ddandree

Blank activation screen

The scalling fix worked for me too. What a shabby job Turbotax. I have been using Turbotax for 20 years and I am really disappointed in this shabby versions install problems that were not even fixed by the updates.

Blank activation screen

It worked.

Thanks.

MNdrs

Blank activation screen

That worked like a charm.  Thanks.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Blank activation screen

Thank you so much for the update. We are glad to know your issue has been resolved.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Blank activation screen

I just downloaded Premier today and had the blank activation screen issue. Seems like TurboTax should have fixed this by now. Changing the scale to 100% worked, so thanks for the good info here. 

Blank activation screen

Thanks,  changing the resolution worked for me!

Blank activation screen

Same issue. 

In Windows 10, changed the scaling by:

Right click on Desktop --> Display Settings --> Modified Scale and Layout to 100% (was 125%)

Restarted TurboTax.  Activation windows shows correctly.  Activated and reverted the scaling back to 125%.

Thanks!

Blank activation screen

Do NOT change the Screen Scale and Layout setting back to anything other than 100%. There are other screens in the desktop version of TurboTax that are also effected by screen scaling. This will cause certain buttons and links to be hidden or drop off the bottom of the visible window and become inaccessible, making it impossible to proceed beyond certain points and complete various action. Use the Display Resolution setting to make adjustments to screen/icon sizes.

Blank activation screen

CargoGod, Thanks for the great advice to stay at 100%. Saved me future problems I'm sure.

Blank activation screen

Thanks everyone!  I had to do both to get the activation screen to display correctly.  (scaling to 100% and changed the resolution size).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies