turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

andwise1

Will my automatic payments stop once I've paid my taxes? I don't want the IRS to debit more than I owe.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will my automatic payments stop once I've paid my taxes? I don't want the IRS to debit more than I owe.

Yes, once the debt is paid in full the debits will stop. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Yes, once the debt is paid in full the debits will stop. 

Once your taxes have been paid in full you will get a letter detailing the amount you paid.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
andwise1

Thank you!

Will the letter indicate that the arrangements has been fulfilled?  How long after final payment? 

Cruiser
Returning Member

I have automatic payments drafted from my bank account monthly.  It always comes out on the 15th of each month. It didn't come out this month on the 15th. That concerns me. 

Check your account at the IRS :  https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

If you still have a balance due then check with your bank. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies