turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bobbycass

Audit Defense

I have TurboTax Premier 2018 for Federal and State [CA]. When I attempt to e-file, I am prompted for payment for Audit Defense ... but, I have deselected the item. I do not want Audit Defense, but the Turbotax program will not let me continue without buying the item.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

Audit Defense

If you're trying to pay for your product with your refund...you may be talking about the Premium Services Bundle which is available for CA customers only. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Audit Defense

You have to get that in California if you want to have the 24.99 state efile fee deducted from your federal refund.  So you have to change to pay with a credit card or print and mail the state return for free.

To pay by credit card, If you are in California you need to remove the Premium Service first

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-premium-services/00/26266

Audit Defense

That FAQ seems to be for the Online version.  If you have the Desktop program just go through the File tab again and change to pay with a credit card.  Then if Audit Defense is still there you can remove it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies