gkrr396

Asterisks on Lines 1-11 and only Box 15-17 are filled

On my W2 that I received, there are strings of asterisks in each line in Lines 1-11. The only boxes that are filled are 15-17. Do I only use this for state refunds and not federal refund?

Did you receive another W-2 with the federal boxes completed and not the state boxes?  If so then combine the two W-2's as one and enter the state information on the W-2 you already entered for federal.

gkrr396

I received one with the federal boxes completed and one line of the state boxes completed. I moved states mid way through the year and that W2 with the asterisks has the state boxes completed for the state I moved to. The W2 with the federal boxes completed had the state boxes completed for the previous state I resided in. Should I just combine the two together (add a line for the second state when filing)?

@gkrr396 Yes.  Add the second state information to the W-2 that is already entered.