Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Are there turbotax deluxe problems with macOS 11 Big Sur?

I want no badges. I want TT to do what is supposed to.

You should have only one 2020 download in your "My Downloads" in your TurboTax account.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I have two different 2020 files because support sent me the second file

Update as of February 28, 2021:

This week I installed the latest Big Sur update 11.2.2 (on my iMac).  Prior to installing this update, I followed the steps listed in another Turbo Tax Community posting that recommended you delete a series of folders in you ~Library. 

After the Big Sur update to 11.2.2, I re-installed Turbo Tax and it is now working properly.   I'm relieved to have the program functional again.  I hope those that have been having problems with TT and Big Sur can get resolution and finish up their taxes. 

I put forth that Intuit is in no rush to solve this issue for a couple reasons:

1) not revenue effective to update TT. I was pushed to TT online. $100 to file with deluxe. Plus additional $80 for my partner.

5 filings with CD/Download. Can’t accomplish this because even with Big Sur upgrade 11.2.2 TT fails to launch 🚀💥.

2) intuit support has said its Apple and Apple says Intuit. Mexican standoff has forced me to move now, rather than wait until April or later for a CD solution. 
i am reporting this to consumer bureau in my state and Arguing for full refund plus due to aggravation.

thaocpa80
Returning Member

I have the same issue now with macOS 11.2.3.  Just spent 3 hours with support and no lucky...

Does any have any issues how to fix this? 

@thaocpa80 wrote:

I have the same issue now with macOS 11.2.3.  Just spent 3 hours with support and no lucky...

Does any have any issues how to fix this? 

Exactly what problem?      An uninstall as I posted above usually solves Mac corruption problems that cause TurboTax not to start.

Be sure the ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax  file if also removed if present.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Massive problems with deluxe- never worked so went online and paid much more money to file two returns.

multiple issues and have asked for refund as of today. 
very disappointing 

CHAUNCEYF
Returning Member

Can't print, save to PDF; Will not let me not E-File state. Running;MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)

1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

macOS Big Sur  11.3.1

have spent more than 12 hours with TT tech support; Apple Tech reloaded new copy of OS and uninstalled TT and install new downloaded copy with same results. Anyone else having any of these issues?

@CHAUNCEYF wrote:

Can't print, save to PDF; Will not let me not E-File state. Running;MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)

1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

macOS Big Sur  11.3.1

have spent more than 12 hours with TT tech support; Apple Tech reloaded new copy of OS and uninstalled TT and install new downloaded copy with same results. Anyone else having any of these issues?

If you get a spinning beachball when you print - just let is spin for a while (30-45 mins) and it will usually print. If you have any anti virus software disable it.

I had so many problems with Costco disc/download and never got it to run that I spent over $200 to file with the online version - oh yeah - that works fine on my MacBook Air. Asked for refund from TT not honored. Files with consumer fraud division with State of Maryland. Waiting to hear back from attorneys next 

@mmaier01 wrote:

I had so many problems with Costco disc/download and never got it to run that I spent over $200 to file with the online version - oh yeah - that works fine on my MacBook Air. Asked for refund from TT not honored. Files with consumer fraud division with State of Maryland. Waiting to hear back from attorneys next 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/our-turbotax-satisfaction-guaranteed-refund-...

CHAUNCEYF
Returning Member

No spinning virus programs disable ; program quits ; print and save as PDF

@CHAUNCEYF wrote:

No spinning virus programs disable ; program quits ; print and save as PDF

Is there a TurboTax crash report in Utilities -> Console -> User Reports ?

Have you uninstalled?

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2020 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

To remove TurboTax from your computer, you'll need administrative rights.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies