countrykikker

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

MatthewS1

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

An IRS extension gives you until October 16 to file, but it doesn't give you until October to pay your taxes. Those are still due by midnight, April 18.

(Expecting a refund? You may not need an extension. Read more here.)

Below are 5 different ways to file your IRS extension (click or tap here for info about state extensions).

1. Make a payment to the IRS and select Form 4868 as the payment type.
  2. Search for extend inside your TurboTax program, then click or tap the "Jump to" link.
  3. Sign in at TurboTax.com, then select Easy Extension from the MyTurboTax menu (mobile devices: tap the upper-left corner to access this menu).
  4. Sign in at the Easy Extension website to e-file your extension.
  5. Download and print Form 4868, fill it out, and mail it before midnight April 18. Payment and mailing instructions are on pages 3 and 4 of your printout.

eads8032

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

Can I efile and extension for a relative
MatthewS1

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

ladfromaus

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

How do you efile from TurboTax? I don't see an answer to the question. I see other options to extend, but no "Yes/No" answer or how to for efiling from within TT. FWIW, I can only find an option to paper file from within TT
rushi121

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

Yes...how to efile an extension? I don't want to mail forms.
hfurlong32

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

Yes, I'm getting the same result! I've paid my taxes through the link but, am getting nowhere with TT!!!
jlundgren47

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

This seems to be the norm for how Intuit answers questions. They never answer the question asked; just run on and on with non-answers.
kroleig1

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

What a horrible product. there is no easy way to file extension in turbotax. You have to print out paper form or do it through ttonline. Such an expensive piece of software that fails at this basic basic task
graytcbs

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

How do I efile an extension

ToddL99

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

See Can IRS extensions be e-filed? for instructions on e-filing your extension.

Spatemp

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

How do you e file extension from within TurboTax desktop software.  Why is this not allowed from there as I bought this software to efile?  Why do I have to go to online to do it ?

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

@Spatemp 

It is too late to efile an extension thru TT  ... last day was Monday 5/17. 

Spatemp

Can i efile an extension with turbotax

I did file it on monday the 17th using TT online after spending good bit of time searching in TT desktop software.  Question is why is it not allowed from TT Desktop software ?