turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ameritrade 1099 tax import to Turbotax not working

Hello

Just tried to download 1099 transactions from my TD Ameritrade account to the 2020 Desktop version of TurboTax that I have.  I was able to import my W2's OK from TD Ameritrade. However when I tried to import my stock transactions from my TD Ameritrade 1099 form that I have I got the following error message  today. 

TurboTax  Home and Business 2020

TD Ameritrade

Invalid sign on

I did not get any other prompts asking for a password or account number. Only prompts I got before the error message was to enter my account number and document ID which is on my TD Ameritrade 1099-Form.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

Please advise on how to fix.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

Hmm, just got a similar invalid sign-on trying to download from Computershare.  Perhaps the Intuit side of the download is not working?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the information below for assistance with your Ameritrade download:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/how-to-download-tax-information-from-my-ameritrad...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kambizd

That is not working for me either. That seems to refer to an older version of the Turbotax for 2019. The 2020 version never prompts for a password and only is asking for a document number and it does not ask for a password. It comes back and says "Invalid signon". 

Please help, there is too much data to enter by hand. 

Thanks,

Ken Donna

kambizd

OK. I got it to work. The document number has to be in lower case characters, otherwise if you use the document number with the upper case character letters ( as shown on the TD Ameritrade tax form) it will not work. 

SO, make sure to use the lower case letter for your document ID and it should work.

Ken Donna

DWalk1

This answer does not address the issue I am having.

when trying to import from TD Ameritrade I get an error message stating my document ID is incorrect.  I have confirmed with TD Ameritrade that indeed is it exactly correct.

very frustrating 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

This could be related to a known issue we are currently trying to resolve. Please click here to sign up to be notified via email once this is resolved @DWalk1

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@PaulS392

You need to click on the bar that says "Sign Me Up for Updates." The original link works so click here to sign up to be notified via email once this is resolved.

After system input TD Ameritrade account, I find transactions from National Clearing complete not mine. Any clue why this is happening? Thx.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Forced1029

I would clear that information out, try the following steps below and then try to re-import.   

• Log completely out of Turbo Tax. 
  • Then, clear your cache and cookies within your browser and completely close out of it.  I have included the Help Articles below if you need assistance with clearing cache or cookies. 
  • Re-open the browser and log back into Turbo Tax and see if this fixes the situation.  You can also try a different browser as well or "incognito mode".  

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please reach back out here in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps. 

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

Fred27

I am not able to import my TDAmeritrade data to 2021 Turbotax Deluxe.  I keep getting the error message Invalid Signon.  I am able to log in to TDAmeritrade with my ID and password.   Why am I getting this error and how can I get it fixed?  I called Turbotax and they are no help.

Fred27

My problem with import TDAmeritrade has been resolved.  Turbotax (Denise) had me re-enter the Doc ID and it worked.  I mistook the letter G for a 6.   Entering G solved the problem.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are happy to hear you were able to get the issue resolved. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. @Fred27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I kept getting the import document error with TD Ameritrade document.  Mine is Alpha/Numeric, 

it is a CASE SENSITIVE input.  Mine was ALL CAPS, and when I tried the Document ID that way it worked fine multiple times.

WHY won't they let you PASTE it in the field, that would alleviate a TON of issues with TYPOS and case.

Good Luck!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies