Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Ameritrade 1099 tax import to Turbotax not working

If your financial institution is a TurboTax 1099 Import Partner, you'll likely be able to import your 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, 1099-R, 1099-NEC, and 1099-MISC (without entries in boxes 8 or 10) by January 31, 2023. And you'll likely be able to import your 1099-B and 1099-MISC (with entries in boxes 8 or 10) by February 15, 2023. If your brokerage issues a consolidated tax statement with several types of 1099s, which is common, you might not be able to import any of your 1099s until February 15, 2023.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Case-Sensitive is the answer! Here's an idea Intuit. Instead of an error message saying to enter the 11 character code without spaces, how about a message that says that the field is case-sensitive. There, that wasn't hard.

jdravotta

I have this same issue

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

There are a few suggestions above in regard to your matter.  Please also take note of the dates ShirlynW posted depending on which form you are trying to import. Please see the Help Article here that provides troubleshooting steps for importing.  The instructions mention Schwab but that is just to serve as an example.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please post back here in the thread for further assistance. 

I see this post is from 2021.  I am having this same issue in 2023.  Anyone else having this same issue?  Are we supposed to sit and wait for an update from Turbo Tax?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@TJ_Shopper 

If you are having issues importing, you may want to check and make sure your financial institution or brokerage is a TurboTax 1099 partner. If it is and you are still having issues, please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance:

What if I can't import my 1099

Thanks for the solution.  I had struggled with this.  I agree, so stupid that you cannot cut and paste.  Then they insist on case sensitivity!!!

I was having the same trouble and when I turned off my VPN (Virutal Private Network) for my internet, it worked. I was able to import my brokerage account's info into TurboTax. Hope this helps someone.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for letting us know what worked for you. It can definitely help out the community. @Bphon2378 

kerrbear

Sorry to say, this is a turbotax "bug" not a TD Ameritrade problem.  I reported this LAST YEAR!  It started when TD Ameritrade bought Scottrade.  TD Ameritrade uses a 9 digit account number while Scottrade used an 8 digit account number.  Customers coming from Scottrade kept their 8 digit numbers.  The TurboTax application does a check for a 9 digit account number.  Using 8 digits gets you an "invalid signon" error message. Simply, the program code needs to be changed to allow 8 or 9 digit account numbers when doing a download from TD Ameritrade.  I've always been a big turbotax fan however this is very inconvenient and frustrating if you have a long and complicated 1099 consolidated form.  I do not understand why one of all these turbotax experts can't call TD Ameritrade, verify what I have said for two years and get the programmers to fix it.  Sorry, but it looks like you will have to enter the data manually.  KERRY R.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies