turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

charfrann

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

go to the irs website and there should be a link that says where is my check or something like that and it will have you give your name and SS# and it will tell you whats going on with it

I've done that it keeps say in available 🤔🤔

@Doe57 You are posting to a thread full of other people's posts so we cannot really tell what you did to file or how you have been checking on your refund.

Did you e-file your return?  How long ago?  Do you know if it was accepted?

Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first one will say that your return was submitted. The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected. If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/
If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note: If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself. TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

If your return was not accepted, then we can help you with a rejected return or tell you how to print and mail it.

If you are trying to check on your refund at the IRS site:

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20 of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have done all the above n it then tells me to check with my tax perparer who I'm never able to speak with now u can understand my frustration 

@Doe57 

And yet--you still will not answer us when we ask when you filed it, how you filed it, etc.   It is also frustrating to try to help someone who will not provide basic information when asked.

AGAIN----WHEN did you file your 2019 return

HOW did you file it?  Did you e-file it or did you mail it in an envelope?

If you e-filed it--did you get the emails telling you that it was received?

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

If you mailed it--did you use a mailing service that tracked it and let you know that it was received?

Mailed returns are taking a very long time:

MAILED RETURNS

Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continueThe IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed  once processing centers are able to reopen. 

You do not have a "tax preparer"---TurboTax provided the software for a self-prepared return.

The first time you posted this is what you said:

"I haven't received a stimulus check  or taxes I think I know why about taxes even though  no one has sent a letter or anything to confirm my hunch but that's really not my concern it's the the stimulus.?? I  am very confused and can't seem to get a answer. Tax Payer"

So it seems you already think you know what happened to your refund---maybe it was offset?  If so, they send you a letter about that. 

As for your stimulus check:

TurboTax has no control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it for you or tell you when the IRS will issue it.

Refer to the sites linked below:

You can call the IRS hotline at 1-800-919-9835 to get updates on your stimulus payment.  

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#nonfilertool

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/00/1393859

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS

rfw1987

i never received my stimulus check. can you have it deposited into my academy bank account i have registered to my turbo tax refund

I know I'm eligible but I haven't received stimulus also can't speak with anyone from turbo tax which I was instructed to do  by the irs

I have been trying to apply and haven't been able to get online with my local unemployment department.

@Brenda Zabad Not sure why you are posting to a TurboTax user forum about your problem applying for unemployment compensation.  TurboTax has nothing whatsoever to do with getting unemployment.  If you will tell us what state you are in we can google the web site for your state's unemployment for you if you do not know how to do that.

Audrie101

Wondering if I'm eligible filed in April, never obtained my check and realized I did not complete the state portion which I just finished. Stress.

My state n federal was excepted  on 4-3-20 and I still haven't received  a stimulas

Audrie101

Turbo Tax is supposed to notify IRS to send us our GOVERNMENT Stimulus not the STATE. THATS WHY! Ma'dam I'm posting on TURBO TAXES page!

I can't even touch base with turbo tax. I'm totally disgusted. I have never had a problem with my taxes until now. Turbo tax

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

TurboTax will not have that information. The stimulus deposit and tax refunds come directly from the IRS. 

The IRS was closed for return processing for some time to focus on the economic stimulus payments. They have resumed normal operations and are now processing returns. You will have to be patient as the IRS works on getting caught up. Continue to track the progress through the IRS Check my Refund Status link.

Information about who is getting the stimulus check can be found in the links below:

What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package?

Economic Impact Payments

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

Telephone Assistance: IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time. For Economic Impact Payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

IRS Telephone Assistance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies