Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

It won't let us!! If you people would read what we've been posting we've been TRYING to tell you guys that it keeps telling us our payment status is not available because they don't have all of the information which is BS!!

fdinovo

What is holding me up from receiving my check. Does it have something to do with my college loan balance?

cryshaw

Same here. I looked at IRS.gov and you will receive a check by mail at your last known address that they have on file. However, if you go to IRS.gov and go to the button that says get my payment, you can see if you are eligible to enter your bank account information. As of yesterday it could not verify my eligibility but I just file 2019 taxes a moment ago so I may look again in a few days or next week. If it will allow you to enter your bank information you will then receive it as a direct deposit.

See That's the thing though, I filed my 2019 on March 29th. On both tax returns it has my correct current address I'm living in now yet it still said they didn't have all the information and I can't even get past the initial sign in page without it stating that error message. My W-2 for the past 2 years had my old address which my job failed twice to update when I asked them to, but the IRS should have my correct address on those returns (I made sure to check if I would get penalized for having a different address on my W-2 and thankfully there shouldn't be). Now I have to wait 24 hours to resubmit that info after entering it so many times

MikeD100

1st year not a dependent? Most likely you don't qualify for the check. If you are not in school and age 19 and over, neither your parents or you will get anything. The Bill has language in it that indicates that you have to be over age 24 in order to qualify for the funds. The IRS standards for who qualifies are based on laws regarding student loan qualification and not common sense. Sorry. My daughter missed out even though she is now out of an income and still has a car payment and other expenses of a 20 year old.

Well jus file my 2019 return, how long must I wait to get stimulus check

smurty
Returning Member

Wow, that is unbelievable @MikeD100! I don't understand the logic. We have college expenses for my son, his monthly remittances are not sufficient, plus he's a taxpayer. And because he is over 17 he can't qualify in our tax return. This defies any logic.

Valerie15

Am I eligible for the stimulus payment?

244madison
Returning Member

Why have I not gotten mine

B51
Returning Member

Am I eligible for stimulus package check even if I been rejected for a mistake on my taxes 

Betht1963

I was wondering if and when I will received my stimulus payment?  Also, I would like the amount

how do i get my stimulus check

THEYOT3

Am I eligible for the stimulus check???

Wbherma

Hey did you guys get my stimulus check and when are you going to forward it because my last return went through you 

To use Get My Payment, you must first verify your identity by answering security questions. If the information you enter does not match our records multiple times, you will be locked out of Get My Payment for 24 hours for security reasons. If you are unable to verify your identity, you will not be able to use Get My Payment. No action is needed to contact the IRS.

If you verified your identity and received “Payment Status Not Available,” this means we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. This may occur for a variety of reasons, for example, if you didn’t file either a 2018 or 2019 tax return or you recently filed and the return has not been fully processed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies