turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

submitting my return

I have e-filed. Must I now snail mail my returns to IRS as well?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

submitting my return

No.  You only mail the tax return if you did not e-file.

submitting my return

Thank you. This question was answered helpfully, but a second one wasn't." Because of section 179 (expense allowance, essentially, I was allowed no deductions. That's the only way Turbo-tax would clear errors. This doesn't seem fair.

submitting my return

I followed the TT instructions through the Deductions section...even when they said to subtract virtually all my deductions. (or the program wouldn't clear and proceed.) I did this and wound up with none! I worked all through the medical and business deductions sections, for example...all for naught. What's going on this year??!! Bud

submitting my return

@ltaylor209 wrote:

I followed the TT instructions through the Deductions section...even when they said to subtract virtually all my deductions. (or the program wouldn't clear and proceed.) I did this and wound up with none! I worked all through the medical and business deductions sections, for example...all for naught. What's going on this year??!! Bud

."even when they said"  Who is "they"?

What exactally "said"?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies