turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AGI Rejections

Hello,  TurboTax-Intuit-Microsoft Corp. Sasan Goodarzi,

I have been rejected to e-file 3 times, all my information is correct, I used TT last year to e-file with no problems, my AGI is correct!  My only other option is to file by mail, this is unacceptable!!  I want to cancel my filing with TurboTax and take it to a local CPA.  How can I achieve this?  And please tell me that this can be done? 

Thank you, 

Teresa M.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

AGI Rejections

I was trying to help my college age son with what should be really easy taxes.  We used TurboTax last year without issue.  This year, it wouldn't accept the 2019 AGI value for e-filing purposes.  I found that very strange since the application pulled the data directly from last year's data file.  How could it be wrong?  I then attempted to complete the information stated at the link shared, specifically to obtain an online transcript of his 2019 tax filing.  We got to the part about entering the last 8 digits of a credit card and the IRS site would not accept it.  

Something is seriously wrong here.  Any guidance?

AGI Rejections

@tccutler wrote:

I was trying to help my college age son with what should be really easy taxes.  We used TurboTax last year without issue.  This year, it wouldn't accept the 2019 AGI value for e-filing purposes.  I found that very strange since the application pulled the data directly from last year's data file.  How could it be wrong?  I then attempted to complete the information stated at the link shared, specifically to obtain an online transcript of his 2019 tax filing.  We got to the part about entering the last 8 digits of a credit card and the IRS site would not accept it.  

Something is seriously wrong here.  Any guidance?

There is a good possibility that the IRS has not completely processed the 2019 tax return or has an incorrect 2019 AGI for his name and SS number.  

Try entering a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the tax return again.

AGI Rejections

I am getting rejections for incorrect AGI .The number is correct. It is the number on the 2019 Turbo Tax filed return.  I do not want to mail I am paying you for efiling.  Can you correct this?  I check to be sure the correct number was used and filed a second time and was rejected again.  I also had a rejection on another return last year and had to mail.  That was a year ago and the refund has not been received  yet.  I do not want the same  problem with this one

AGI Rejections

@2019MJBS-Aumel-N4L4C wrote:

I am getting rejections for incorrect AGI .The number is correct. It is the number on the 2019 Turbo Tax filed return.  I do not want to mail I am paying you for efiling.  Can you correct this?  I check to be sure the correct number was used and filed a second time and was rejected again.  I also had a rejection on another return last year and had to mail.  That was a year ago and the refund has not been received  yet.  I do not want the same  problem with this one

There is a good possibility that the IRS has not fully processed your 2019 tax return so that the 2019 AGI for your name and Social Security number is not in the IRS database.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the tax return again.

ee-ea
Level 15

AGI Rejections

2019MJBS-Aumel-N4L4C

What was the result when using 0 as AGI?

AGI Rejections

use a different tax software provider and it will probably go through.

there are several that will e-File your federal return for no charge.

AGI Rejections

My 2019 return wasn't processed until December 2020, so even though I was using the IRS own figure for AGI, I was getting rejected.

I changed it to "not processed yet" and then put 0 in as the AGI amount, and it worked this time. Yay, saves me a lot of paper if I don't have to print.

AGI Rejections

Try putting 0 in as the AGI. worked for me. 

AGI Rejections

tried to e-file taxes and got rejection 3 times because of the agi which this is the first year that I've filed and i don't have one i put 0 in and answered the question when it ask if this was my first year and i said yes but it keeps on rejecting the tax returns is it the program or what is going on

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

AGI Rejections

What is the rejection code received? in the interim please review this FAQ @judyhoc6666.

AGI Rejections

REJECTION CODE IF IT IS A CODE THEY SENT THIS BACK IND 031-04 WITH THIS NOTE THE PRIMARY TAXPAYERS AGI OR SELF SELECTED PIN FROM LAST YEAR DOES NOT MATCH IRS RECORDS

THERE WAS NONE FROM LAST YEAR THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR FOR MY TAXES

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

AGI Rejections

If you received this error, please see the Help Article here for further assistance so you can resubmit your return. 

@judyhoc6666

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies