Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

After latest update, Turbotax filled in "other country" into my US address - unable to change

Maybe OC for the country code? That's the code for "Other Country."

After latest update, Turbotax filled in "other country" into my US address - unable to change

I had this problem. Every time I would update the Personal Info to have my correct U.S. address it would revert to a foreign address. I even had it ask me to update the street address and city from a 1099R. After reading through this thread I saved and closed my file, quit TT, then restarted it. I am using TT Deluxe on a Mac. This procedure seems to have resolved the issue.

jreng1

Went to 'forms' and then 'errors' and it shows Italy as my foreign country even though all the entries are my home (US) address, not Italy.  But the foreign country field is locked.  Nowhere is there an option to change.  In TT "personal info" is has the correct (US) address

Did you try closing your return, quitting TurboTax, then restarting TT and reopening your return? That worked for me.

04/08/2022.  So this is how I solved it:

1. I restarted TT after trying to fix it without a restart, and yes I needed to do this. 
  2. It started with "Getting Started with TurboTax"
  3. Continue to "Your Personal Info Summary" 
  4. Edit "Mailing Address & Phone Number" where it states "Other Country" next to your town/state/zip
  5. "Where Do You Receive Your Mail" should be highlighted as "U.S. Address" ... "Continue"
  6. It will do its calculation and then back to "Your Personal Info Summary" whereas "Other Country" is no longer there. 
  7. When "Reviewing" your tax return, there will still be some Form errors
    1. 5329S and 5329T which have to deal with "Early Distribution of Retirement Plans" 
    2. Remove them by clicking on Forms and remove the form
  8. You can then run the "review" again to see if they are no longer causing issues.
  9. I tried to replicate the error after fixing it.  It has to do with the US Mailing Address area which gets funky when you put in "by mistake" a foreign address, even with your US address. 
  10. When this occurs, on the Federal Information Worksheet, you will need to check the Foreign Address box, add an address and country, let it calculate, and then then "uncheck" the Foreign Address box and remove the address, country, etc and then let it recalculate. 
  11. You will be back to normal either way.  

Hope this assists in your efforts as it did mine. Peace.

Hi, I was having the same problem. What I did was, went to Personal Info and removed the state, left it blank, saved it, then went back in and edited it to put the state I lived in and that seemed to work. Good luck!

This worked for me. Thank you. 

How do I get rid of the foreign address?  I cannot e file my taxes due to this error 

This does not work 

There are several 'fixes' mentioned in this thread. It's not clear which one(s) you tried.

Did you try closing your return, quitting TurboTax, then restarting TT and reopening your return? That worked for me when I ran into this bug/problem. 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

At the screen Enter your current mailing address, was an incorrect Type of mailing address selected on the drop down menu?

Graphical user interface, application

Description automatically generated

To review or correct, return to My Info down the left side of the screen and click Edit to the right of Mailing address.

@Lauren_lowy  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bob2271

I have tried to delete this other country error in my mailing address and I can not delete it. I checked everywhere an address is listed. In forms I can not delete the other country wording. My state is correct when I edit it but yet this other country shows up and I can not file electronically. 

HopeS
Expert Alumni

First, try to delete all your address. Then log out and clear the cache and then log back in.

See how to enter a Foreign address in TurboTax online:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return
  2. Select My Info from the left menu
  3. On the Personal info summary page, select Edit next to Taxpayer
  4. Go to 2. Tell us the state(s) you lived in and select Foreign or U.S Possession from the dropdown list (it's all the way at the bottom)
  5. Select the Continue button at the bottom
  6. Select Edit next to  Mailing Address and choose Foreign country from the Type of mailing address dropdown list
  7. Input your address in the appropriate fields, select your country from the dropdown list, and select Continue

@Bob2271 

Still not working

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with the issue you are experiencing.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@udayshingwekar 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies