turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Adjustments to QBI - a value here is not yet supported in the program for the qualified business income deduction. This will be enabled in a subsequent release.

When is the next release which will allow me to file this return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

37 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Adjustments to QBI - a value here is not yet supported in the program for the qualified business income deduction. This will be enabled in a subsequent release.

Form 8995-A is used for adjustments to the Qualified Business Income Deduction (QBI Deduction).  

Take a look at the information in the following TurboTax article for your particular version of TurboTax to see the expected release date for that form:  IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax products

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What should we do when TurboTax requires us to review this?  What does "a value" is "not yet supported" mean?  Not supported by the IRS?  Not supported by TurboTax software?   What program is it, some IRS program?  Or the software?  What will enabling do?  Will we be notified?  

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The QBI form is near the bottom of the federal link below.

The state and federal governments approve the most common forms first and work their way down the list. Please see the links for form availability. Once a date shows up, the reality should be close. Once released, Turbo Tax will work quickly to get it working in the program.

Federal form availability

State form availability

JM495
Returning Member

Thank you SO MUCH to AnnetteB6 and others that were able to point us to the release dates for the Federal forms.   For some reason I wasn't able to find those using a simple search.

For those of us using the CD/Download version for Windows, this error is getting trapped on the Schedule K-1 Wks-S Shareholder's Share of Income, Credits, Deductions, etc. WORKSHEET, and not form 8995.  The data from the worksheet feeds to Form 8995, but the error message doesn't mention that form at all.  Also, when in Form View and scrolling through the forms, we see red alerts  ( ! ) next to the K-1's, but not on form 8995.   This makes it seem as though the problem is with the worksheet when, in fact, it's the form.

The scheduled release date for form 8995 as of this writing is 2/12/2020.  Anyone with Qualified Business Income on a K-1 will not be able to file until the release and subsequent software update.  

this QBI  form says its available on 2/12... so does that mean that we shouldn't file until after that date? 

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Yes, unfortunately, you will not be able to file until the forms are finalized. 

@dschiiffmacher

this form used to be available 2/5/2020. Now its 2/12/2020. how much longer will it be delayed?

jaitee
Returning Member

Silly me, just realized if there is no VALUE in box 20, you can bypass this. 

My box 20 has "STMT" listed.  So, I just went back and unchecked that there was an actual value in that box & voila!  I was able to transmit my returns.  I'm not using a QBI deduction anyway, so it was pointless.  Too bad it took me 5 days to figure this out...hope it helps someone else.  

Now the date is 2/20/2020

My taxes are being held hostage by this form. Time to go to a tax accountant and move on from turbo tax. Way to go turbotax, you lost my money.

@nunsuch123 Agree. There is no reason why Intuit was not ready to hammer this out in a few days. This was originally slated for Jan and now we really have no idea when it will be done.

Slipping dates means they are not working on it. 

QBI worked in 2018 and the only difference in 2019 is there is an official form. Calculations are the same.

I love how TurboTax gets away with selling a product before it is completely ready for the user. Feb 20 now. Wow. This is a simple form!

I was just successful with HR Block. They have the form ready and they found me more deductions.

i tried HR Block but it was too expensive. still says on that page that the form is not available.. but i'm not getting an alert in turbotax anymore...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies