Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

According to my TurboTax Home & Business packet, E-file is supposed to be $19.99 for each state; however, Intuit charged me $24.99 each... what's up with that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

According to my TurboTax Home & Business packet, E-file is supposed to be $19.99 for each state; however, Intuit charged me $24.99 each... what's up with that?

it's also 24.99 if you efile.

Yep, they did the same to me just now.  Clearly show it's $19.99 plus sales tax on TurboTax 2019 for MD EFile.  When I login to pay through their site, they force you to pay $24.99 (impossible to change amount).  I'm sure it's just a mistake, and sure it's only $5, but they should refund this.

@mdtaxpayer wrote:

Yep, they did the same to me just now.  Clearly show it's $19.99 plus sales tax on TurboTax 2019 for MD EFile.  When I login to pay through their site, they force you to pay $24.99 (impossible to change amount).  I'm sure it's just a mistake, and sure it's only $5, but they should refund this.

There is a price increase effective March 1, this happens each tax year, where the state e-file fee increases from $19.99 to $24.99.  Plus all the TurboTax editions increase in price on March 1, from the early filer prices to the standard prices.

Go to this TurboTax website for the desktop editions, click on 1 state download, scroll down to the bottom of the open window and the price of $24.99 will be displayed - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

You can avoid the state e-file fee if you print, sign and mail the state return instead of e-filing it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies