Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ability to change refund type?

I am trying to get a headstart on filing my taxes for 2023, but when I get to the point to where I am trying to review my forms, the website takes me to the payment page. I need to change my refund type but I am not able to see how to change it. Will this change as we get closer to the actual filing date?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When all the forms in your return are ready to efile you will have the option to pay the TT fees from the federal refund.  Click on the REVIEW tab to see what you are waiting on.  

You can view your Form 1040 and Schedules 1, 2, and 3 before you pay the TurboTax fees. But to see any other forms you have to first pay the TurboTax fees.

Paying the fees does not file your tax return. Even after you pay, you still have the opportunity to review your entire tax return, and make sure everything is correct, before you actually file it.

See the following FAQ for instructions to view your return in TurboTax Online. It has instructions to see your entire tax return, or just Form 1040 and Schedules 1, 2, and 3. "Preview my 1040" will also show you Schedules 1, 2, and 3.

How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

In the Online version if you want to see all the forms you have to pay the fees first.  What's wrong with  your refund method?   Yes you select  how you want the refund at the end right before you file.  

My refund type (my bank e) is no longer valid and I need to change it to the prepaid card. Also, is there any way to know when TT will begin to allow the payment of my TT fees from my refund amount?

When all the forms in your return are ready to efile you will have the option to pay the TT fees from the federal refund.  Click on the REVIEW tab to see what you are waiting on.  

You can view your Form 1040 and Schedules 1, 2, and 3 before you pay the TurboTax fees. But to see any other forms you have to first pay the TurboTax fees.

Paying the fees does not file your tax return. Even after you pay, you still have the opportunity to review your entire tax return, and make sure everything is correct, before you actually file it.

See the following FAQ for instructions to view your return in TurboTax Online. It has instructions to see your entire tax return, or just Form 1040 and Schedules 1, 2, and 3. "Preview my 1040" will also show you Schedules 1, 2, and 3.

How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies