turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

810 Code

I eFiled my returns 7/4, was accepted 7/5, All my bar was full 7/30, Got notice in mail to Verification in person 8/01, got the 810 code same day, verified in person 8/10. Had a cycle 9/5 but nothing changed. No dependent, didn’t file child care or sickness, No second notice in mail or no update at all…. Can anyone help me understand this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer
5 Replies

810 Code

@MrAntoineP The IRS is severely backlogged.   Even if you verified your identity, expect it to take at least several months before your refund arrives.   Even under "normal" circumstances it takes about nine weeks after you verify your identity to get your refund.   Anything involving a "human" is going to take longer now.   The "bar" you see on the TurboTax site means pretty much nothing.   TurboTax does not get any information after you file your tax return.   That "bar" only means that 21 days have gone by.   The IRS does not share any information with TurboTax, so no one at TT even knows that you had to verify your identity.  The IRS is your only source of information.   You can continue to check the IRS refund site for information.

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2021 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

810 Code

I understand that…  As far as me saying all bars on filled, I wasn’t speaking upon TurboTax bar, everyone knows that mean nothing but where my refund do and those are the bar I was speaking on saying the all had filled up… Maybe you was reading to fast.

810 Code

@MrAntoineP Again....only the IRS can answer your question about when you will receive your refund.   No one at TurboTax knows when it will be sent.   Your question about that "bar" did not specify what you were looking at; many users look at the "blue bar" on their TT account and we have to explain that they need to use the IRS site.   It seems that you are seeing a full "bar" on the IRS site but have not received your refund.   You will need to contact the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

810 Code

I wasn’t asking turbo taxes, was asking the Community in this post. So wasn’t a need for you reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies