#39.99 Refund Processing

The $39.99 so called Refund Processing fee is misleading and the TurboTax website is misleading. Why isn't there a notification or disclaimer that says if you pay with a credit card then the $39.99 fee won't be charged? TurboTax is misleading it's customers. Put a box on the payment page that says, if you pay with a credit card you will NOT be charged the $39.99 fee. This is deceptive marketing by Intuit.

#39.99 Refund Processing

The fee is listed on the payment page under the second option, which is the option to pay with the federal refund. It's listed there only because that is the only option that charges a fee. 

#39.99 Refund Processing

Thank you for your feedback, however, nowhere on the TurboTax website while prepping your taxes does it state that if you pay with a credit card that you WON'T be charged the $39.99 fee. TurboTax is misleading consumers. They should be offering full disclosure. Even in their explanation of the fee, which I found later on the website, they admit to it being misleading with this language, "Despite the somewhat misleading name, you don't need Refund Processing to process your refund!" If they themselves feel it's misleading, certainly they should change the name AND disclose that they fee WON'T be charged if you use a credit card.

#39.99 Refund Processing

Agreed. I was confused at end when I seen 2 charges of $39.99. So I asked community and found your answer, which I agree with completely. I didn't have a clue I was going to be charged to pay with refund. Turbo Tax has been an excellent service for me for years, this was first let down for me, sad moment.

@barrybrooksby wrote: