Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

j g
Level 2

2022 return done from CD. Need to review with Turbo Tax advisor as have in previous years.

I may be waking up and smelling the out-of-sync. I took my careful 3 days doing the CD return, showed I owed 0 Fed, $1 CA state.

I then realized I was supposed to move to the online-generated return in order to speak with any TT advisor on errors. I started the online retrun from scratch, took some good time, put in all my income, all my brokerage imports the same - I should be at the same point where I did everything as I did in the CD version.

The online version is showing at this point $0 Fed owed, BUT SOME KIND OF $682 Calif. owed!

Was I supposed to delete my CD-generated return or something BEFORE starting the online-generated return?

I'm in PTSD gawking at this difference! Nothing I want to see here - exactly what I'm seeing. 

Some explanations please, why this could be possible.

2022 return done from CD. Need to review with Turbo Tax advisor as have in previous years.

No.  You must have entered something different in the online version.  Your CD return won't affect or be seen by the online version.  

Or you entered something wrong in the CD return originally.  Compare them to find what's different.  

j g
Level 2

It was as simple as "activating" the state return.  Hadn't imported anything from the federal yet. They synched right up on activation of state. This online version is going to take a little habituating-to. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies