turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 TurboTax issues, problems, and bugs

I completed my 2019 federal return on turbo tax as i have for many years, the imputs have been verified and the  software says i am ready to transmit so i push the button. It is not transmitting and i am asked for more information and an information sheet pops up.  the data on this sheet is correct. this has happened several times and i am about to the point of filing a paper return. has anyone else had this problem?

PaulT73

I have also just completed my TT2019 Fed and State after having a series of exasperating problems. One problem sounds like yours, a little, and was solved by someone on this exchange. The problem may relate to a value that TT thinks is estimated which has gotten shuttled/combined from one form to another. The solution offered was to retreive the data from the offending form. Delete the offending form and reenter it without any estimated values.

PaulT73

In my case, the offending form was a worksheet that was easily replaced. A more complicated form would be a pain to delete and replace, I expect.

Turbo Tax is buggy as of last night, won't let me close out doc, quit turbotax, open doc, hover with mouse over clickable links (blue) eg "Learn More" and click through; won't let me toggle between it and browser (help menu!), so can't edit or even finish my taxes. How to fix? Pissed. Thank god I got through Sched. C in time, needed this am to file for both unemployment AND finish SBA loan. 😡

cspraags
Returning Member

I PURCHASED turbotax package for 30 dollars and after trying to input additional information about the interest I paid for the student loans turbo tax required me to pay additional 80 dollars to complete the taxes and after all that the taxes were rejected. Now I have to deal with IRS myself because there no live person to respond to my question about the additional money I have to pay .

cspraags
Returning Member

purchase the 30 dollars package and than was having issues with my taxes going through and turbo said that i needed to purchase the 80 dollars package in addition to the 30 dollars to no avail because my taxes was rejected I have all my paperwork now i have to call IRS to figure out what going on though Turbo tax being the professional service know how to fix it but to no avail.

@cspraags 

You "bought" what ?   A downloaded version ?  And when/where ?   Nothing has been $30 this year on the TT website. 

And are you using the Online or Downloaded version now ? 

@ Critter wrote:

You "bought" what ?   A downloaded version ?  And when/where ?   Nothing has been $30 this year on the TT website. 

And are you using the Online or Downloaded version now ? 

Just a guess until they respond, but maybe they purchased PLUS for 29.99 then had to upgrade to Deluxe.  If he/she prepared both Fed and State returns, that could explain the additional $80, resulting in total $110.

@ cspraags 

You also need to provide the rejection error code, and someone here might be able to say how to fix it.  By the way, since you used a paid product, you do qualify for free phone support with TurboTax Support, if necessary.  We can tell you how to reach them.

Is this your situation?

If you had to upgrade from PLUS to Deluxe, it sounds like there was something added to your return (like the "student loan interest" you mentioned) that the Free Edition/ PLUS could not handle.  Free Edition and PLUS are for very minimal returns.  If you had anything that required Schedule 1, 2, or 3, Free Edition/PLUS cannot be used.  

FAQ:  Why do I have to upgrade from Free Edition or PLUS to a higher edition?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/upgrading/help/why-do-i-have-to-upgrade-from-free-edition/00/26379

You mentioned earlier that you had entered "student loan interest" and then had to pay more fee.   As you can see in that FAQ, it was the student loan interest that cannot be prepared in PLUS and requires an upgrade to Deluxe, so that's why you had to pay the extra $80 if you have both Federal and state returns.

bfryern1

I found this not to be the case.  Vast amounts of info that I put in  disappeared and it wasn’t because I revisited it.  

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT through July 19 and will be open until midnight PT on July 15.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
d-w-d-vet65-67
Returning Member

WAS I OR WAS I NOT SUPPOSED TO DEDUCT MY 2019 FEDERAL INCOME TAX ON THE THE RAILROAD RETIREMENT FORM I USED. I HAD ASK YOU THE QUESTION IN 2019 AND HAD GOTAN ANSWER. SO I COULD NOT REMEMBER IF I DID OR DID NOT?  THANK YOU

Yes I have had the exact same thing for Louisiana

I've had so many bug it's disgusting.  I'm on my third version of 2019 now, and all it does is error out on the updates.  Ever running as administrator. I have never since 1998 had any issues like this with Turbo tax.  What happened?

Tina957

I was having issues with Turbo Tax not saving information I had entered. So after multiple days of fighting with it I decided to start all over.    Now after 7 hours of finalizing my taxes, Turbo Tax decides to jumble my information and put 2020s numbers with the wrong corresponding work of 2019.     Im not spending another day with this software.  Ive used Turbo Tax for as long as I can remember.    Im done now.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again. You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

In addition to clearing your cache and cookies, you want to make sure your operating systems are up-to-date as well.

Please click the following links to learn more:

Using Windows Update to keep your system up-to-date

How to update Mac OS X

However, if this does not resolve your issue, please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program.  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately. Please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies