Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 tax return rejected - 8801 form update

Yes.  Accepted, approved and refund received for both Federal and State returns.

•  

I received my state and federal refunds within 10 days after the returns were accepted.

Marysanker
Returning Member

Why was it rejected

zthomas20

I WANT TO KNOW Why my return was rejected and how to go about amending it

MayaD
Expert Alumni

When your return gets rejected it means something does not match the IRS records.

Look for an email from turbotax@intuit.com, It'll give you a brief explanation of your reject and how to update it.

Or, sign in to TurboTax, select Fix my return, and you'll see your reject code and explanation.

How do I fix a rejected return? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
evielovesyou
Returning Member

I had mail my return that was rejected on January 26, 2020 and I haven’t receive nothing yet not a letter can someone contact me at [phone number removed] 

thank you

osiomesiete
Returning Member

I already filed and done with my 2019 income tax. I was merely updating the IRS with my electronic bank information.  My 2019 income tax was check was by mail

please help me !!!

I keep getting a reject email with the error code 8801 and I cant find anything to fill out 

Mlewis719
Returning Member

I used TurboTax how do I go back and fix my refund being rejected

Blazey187

Everything I put was correct...it was and tax return from the company..so why was it rejected

moriah1977
Returning Member

where is my federal and state refund 

When will you get your refund,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

Did you efile or mail your return? They are not processing mailed returns right now.

Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

moriah1977
Returning Member

Where is my refund

1/2 Kelvin J storey, your federal return was rejected by the IRS. Don't worry, we'll help you fix the problem. Check your email for more 
why is this keep happening to me 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed my 2019 tax return 2 days ago and it got rejected. turbo tax recommended I contact the IRS but due to the current pandemic their offices are closed and their automatic system were no help. Ive also contacted turbo tax call service and I couldn't speak to a live person. I'm having MAJOR issues in regards to this and turbo tax hasn't been much help to helping me understand the issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies