Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dturk
Returning Member

2019 Refund, never paid out

I filed my 2019 taxes with turbo tax and selected the option to pay turbo tax via my refund. But I never got my refund. I have been talking with IRS since June. They finally got me info and said they paid Turbo tax who was supposed to pay me. I can not get through to Turbo tax. I have wasted many hours trying to navigate there phone system witch is designed to get you off the phone and be no help. Anybody have a real email address or phone number I can call. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

If you used the Refund Processing Service to have the TurboTax account fees paid from your federal tax refund, then see the information on this SBTPG website - https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

davis4743

I filed my 2019 taxes with turbo tax and selected the option to pay turbo tax via my refund. But I never got my refund. I have been talking with IRS since June. They finally got me info and said they paid Turbo tax who was supposed to pay me. I can not get through to Turbo tax. I have wasted many hours trying to navigate there phone system witch is designed to get you off the phone and be no help. Anybody have a real email address or phone number I can call.

@ davis4743 wrote:

I assume you must be the same person as the threadowner, but the profile name is different.  You pasted the same info originally asked by the threadowner back in February.

You said you had been talking to the IRS since June, but didn't say "when" the IRS released your money--whether it was a long time ago or more recently.   There was a long processing delay for many 2019 returns last year.

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, the funds would have gone from the IRS to an intermediary company called SBTPG (Tax Products Group).   That is the company that administers that payment option, collects the fees, etc.  

The IRS sends the funds to SBTPG's bank where the fees are subtracted, then that intermediary bank would normally send the rest to your bank (or card) in a second direct deposit.   If that deposit from SBTPG's bank to your bank failed, it should have gone back to SBTPG's bank, who would then issue you a check in the mail.

Normally people can look up their refund info at the SBTPG website, but at this point in time I believe the refund lookup tool there is only for 2020 returns.  I don't think it would find anything on your 2019 refund, but it might not hurt to try.

For assistance with prior-year issues, there is a link at the SBTPG website to submit a request form, and then someone from SBTPG is supposed to get back in touch with the user. 

It's at the top of this refund lookup page:

https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login

NOTE:  I believe the lookup tool you'll see there is only for 2020 returns.

I don't know how secure that messaging form is or how they will want to communicate with you in response.  However, I know regular email is not a secure method of sending sensitive personal information.  I personally wouldn't send anything sensitive until they explain the security of any communication, and how you are supposed to submit it to them securely.

So if it were me, I'd probably try to phone SBTPG first and see if I could reach a live agent.  SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link.   See the business hours I provided below.

Their phone also has automated info, but I suspect it's for 2020 info. 

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Hours for SBTPG's customer support:

Mon-Fri: 7am - 5pm  Pacific

Sat: 7am - Noon  Pacific

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies