Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1st Refund Transfer Fee ? Why am I being charged additional ?

I’m def disputing the $40 extra because I didn’t agree to it and turbo tax never told me anything about it 

Winte21

@pache1999 how do you go about disputing? 

I think contacting turbo tax or sbtpg

I'm having the same issue yet TurboTax never advised we would be paying additional fees since the funds get distributed by tpg

@Cinnastaxx wrote:

I'm having the same issue yet TurboTax never advised we would be paying additional fees since the funds get distributed by tpg

If you have an additional $40 fee from SBTPG over and above the $39 refund processing fee, than that charge is from the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group.  You will need to contact SBTPG about this fee and why you are being charged.

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

I think Santa Barbara Group charges an additional fee if their attempt to direct deposit your refund into your account fails, and they have to issue you a paper check.

Mines didn’t fail though so I’m not understanding 

@pache1999 wrote:

Mines didn’t fail though so I’m not understanding 

If you have an additional $40 fee from SBTPG over and above the $39 refund processing fee, than that charge is from the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group.  You will need to contact SBTPG about this fee and why you are being charged.

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Same mine didn't return I was sent a direct deposit of the rest so I'm assuming that's possibly there platform fee but TurboTax didn't advise there would be additional fees from santa barbara

For 2021 there is no extra bank processing fees ... they only withhold the TT fees.  

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours.  If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Submit your question/problem during business hours and then use the option for Call (a phone number will be provided for Call) to speak directly with a TurboTax agent –

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

canmayn

I also had the same issue, just got this email of the evening on 2/16 for the refund.

Untitled.png

Nls5
Level 2

There were extra fees taken out actually and turbo tax sent out emails regarding the mistake and refund!

As with all new processes there are bound to be errors and this is one that TT is fixing.  This was the first time ever that there were no bank processing fees to have the advance loan or the TT fees withheld from the federal refund.   My best guess (since this processing bank does this for many tax services not just TT) is that the programming for the fees was not removed correctly or timely.  

I would love to find out what that fee is for. I paid my fees upfront when I filed and see that the info is in SBTPG and shows $40 for 1st Refund Transfer Fee. Sent a message to them on Monday and still no response. 

@amatoa2018 wrote:

I would love to find out what that fee is for. I paid my fees upfront when I filed and see that the info is in SBTPG and shows $40 for 1st Refund Transfer Fee. Sent a message to them on Monday and still no response. 

TurboTax is aware of this issue and is working to provide a solution for all impacted customers. 

No action is required on your part and TurboTax is working quickly to get you reimbursed. You should be getting an email shortly letting you know when to expect the rest of your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies