Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1st Refund Transfer Fee ? Why am I being charged additional ?

Thank you for that info!! Do you know if the refund will still filter through SBTPG? I paid up front to avoid having to deal with them.

@amatoa2018 wrote:

Thank you for that info!! Do you know if the refund will still filter through SBTPG? I paid up front to avoid having to deal with them.

Any refund of the excess fees from SBTPG will be paid by TurboTax to your direct deposit bank account.

Thanks!! This is so frustrating. I paid my TT fees upfront to not have to deal with them and it didn't even matter. 

If you paid the fees upfront with a credit card and not deducted from your refund then all this doesn't apply to you.  You must have a different problem.  How much were you charged?  What version did you use?  There are separate fees for federal and state.  Did you maybe add another service like LIVE help?

How to review your fees
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online/0...

I paid my fees upfront and SBTPG shows my info and a $40 1st refund transfer fee. I did the advance and read every bit of fine print. There was absolutely no mention of any fees associated with it. 

I paid for both Federal & State ($39 each with no additional service added). The fee shows in SBTPG as $40 1st Refund Transfer Fee. I got a response that TT is aware of an issue that is resulting in erroneous fees and that they would issue a reimbursement of the fee. I'm hoping I'm part of that issue. I don't want to be upset about $40 but there is nothing in the fine print for the advance that mentions this fee. My DD is set for 2/24. I'm just hoping I get it that day and this all gets resolved. 

Ashleyhpiz87
Returning Member

Same here. SBTPG just responded to me, it has been over a week trying to reach them, and said to contact TT. TT told me the other day that it was SBTPG's fault. When I called SBTPG to try to get someone live to speak to, it acted as if I had applied for the advance but I did not. So I am thinking they were trying to charge that fee for those who got it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies